Everyone likes privacy when it comes to personal stuff like photos, messages, apps etc. Most often, you need to hide apps on your iPhone from yourself if you are addicted to a particular game, if you check your notifications often or if you want to prevent other people from snooping into your iPhone.
If you are searching for information or a solution for this problem you have come to the right place. There are many ways by which you can hide your apps from yourself and others. Try all the steps given below to get a better solution.
Hide Apps via Whole Screen
- Step 1: On the empty portion of the screen press and hold for a while.
- Step 2: The app icon on the page will start to wriggle when you enter an edit screen state after a few seconds.
- Step 3: The three dots are visible at the bottom of the screen so tap on those dots.
- Step 4: The smaller preview version of all your screens of apps is seen.
- Step 5: To hide the screen, uncheck any screen you want to hide as each box has a check box underneath.
- Step 6: On the top right corner tap on the done option.
- Step 7: The unchecked screen will be hidden.
Hide Apps Through Smart Suggestions
Siri’s intelligence is used in the smart suggestions to predict and suggest apps or shortcut suggestions for your use based on your usage patterns.
- Step 1: Open your iPhone’s home screen and click on the suggestion widget which appears like a normal cluster of app icons.
- Step 2: Tap on don’t suggest (app name) when a menu will pop up.
- Step 3: Now a bottom message pop up will appear.
- Step 4: Then click on the red colour option which shows don’t suggest (app name).
- Step 5: Allow your phone to respond, it may take a second or two.
- Step 6: The app will not be visible in the suggestion widget anymore but it is still on your phone.
Hide Apps via App Library
- Step 1: Press and hold on to the app icon which you want to hide.
- Step 2: Click on remove app when a menu will pop up.
- Step 3: Then tap on the ‘move to app library’ when a second menu will appear.
Hide Apps via App Folder
To divert your mind from the hidden apps the best way to hide apps within a folder is to fill the first page of the folder with apps that you are not trying to hide. Follow the steps below to hide the apps in a folder with ease.
- Step 1: Create a new app folder or choose a folder that already exists on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Until the action menu appears press and hold any app icon.
- Step 3: Then tap and select on the edit home screen.
- Step 4: Drag the app you’re hiding into the folder of your choice.
- Step 5: To place it on the second page of the folder, drag the app to the right so that it’s not visible on the first page of the home screen.
- Step 6: The app is hidden now & this can be done up to 12 pages in a folder.
Hide Apps via iPhone Search
Hiding apps on the folder in your iPhone is not completely safe as someone who is determined to snoop can quickly find your hidden apps using the search option. So, now it becomes necessary to hide apps from the search as well. Following steps are mentioned below to hide apps completely from the iPhone search option.
- Step 1: Tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Step 2: Then tap on Siri and then on search.
- Step 3: Select the app you want to hide by drilling it into the down section.
- Step 4: Then toggle off everything mentioned here ( learn from this app, show app in search, suggest an app, show content in search and both toggles labelled suggest shortcuts for the app).
- Step 5: Some more toggles may appear but that is very common, so just toggle off any toggles that remain as you go bottom the list.
- Step 6: The app is now hidden
- Step 7: To get the app back once again to Siri you need to search in the settings of the app, then tap on the app and toggle Siri’s suggestions back on again.
The steps given above will help you to get the best results. If you decide that you are no longer going to hide your apps just do the process in backwards steps. This is an effortless and time-efficient technique to make your data safe from others. Hence go through all the steps one by one.