Ever happened to you that you captured an amazing picture, but some stranger hovered in the background, which diminished the shine of your picture accidentally? Well, it happens every now & then if we try to click pictures in famous tourist spots across the globe. The unwanted appearance of a stranger makes your photo look weird & you might not feel like uploading it, but what if we tell you that there’s an awesome photo editing tool known as ‘PicsArt,’ using which you can blur that part from your photo.
PicsArt is an online photo editing tool launched in November 2011 for Android users and in January 2013 for iOS users by Hovhannes Avoyan & his two colleagues, Artavazd Mehrabyan and Mikayel Vardanyan, who are also the co-founders of this popular photo editing application.
In India, 25 million people use this app to edit pictures and videos, make collages through templates, etc. It has modernized the art of editing pictures professionally, due to which people prefer to use it more. The blur feature of PicsArt, whether blurring a photo, background, or just a face in a photo, is worth using if you want to keep someone’s privacy intact or are not willing to reveal the location of the place you went for your last trip with your friends. In this article, we will brief you about how to blur a background in PicsArt & other areas of a picture via simplistic methods.
Step-by-Step Guide To Blur Photo Background In PicsArt
The versatile features embedded in PicsArt make it the star of the show. One such is the Blur Tool feature, using which even a non-professional person can blur the background of an image. The blurred background is effective when you want the viewer to only focus on foreground people and not what’s being portrayed in the background area. When you implement a blur background effect, you’ll see that the beauty of the picture increases 10x making it look more iconic and way beyond attractive. Follow the steps mentioned below to create a smooth PicsArt blur background:
- Step 1: Download the PicsArt app from the Play Store or the App Store
- Step 2: Sign Up or Login & then open the app
- Step 3: You’ve to now click on the ‘+’ icon to upload the image of which you want to blur the entire background
- Step 4: In the editing toolbar option, click on the ‘Effect’ option & later choose the ‘Blur’ tool from the bottom menu
- Step 5: You can now try & play with varied blur effects and see which suits your image best. Some of the prominent ones are Basic blur, Gaussian blur, Radial blur, Motion blur, etc
- Step 6 (Optional – Manual Method): There’s also an option of clicking and holding the applicable filter for manually adjusting the blur effect in the background
- Step 7: Click on the ‘Eraser’ icon from the top menu and erase the unnecessary areas from the backdrop and adjust the focus attention to the main subject or the face
- Step 8: Click on the ‘Checkmark’ option depicted at the top right corner of the app
- Step 9: Now, tap on the ‘Apply’ option to save all the modifications which you’ve made to the image through the blur tool
- Step 10: Lastly, tap on the ‘Next’ option to save it in your phone gallery or share it over other social networking platforms like Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
|Note: You can also use PicsArt on Windows or Mac by visiting the PicsArt official website. Creating a PicsArt blur background is the same for all devices.
Advantages Of PicsArt Blur Background
There are infinite photo editing applications available on the internet, but the ultimate magic of PicsArt and its stunning features makes it the user’s favorite. Some of the highlighting features of PicsArt are:
- Change the backdrop, try numerous filters
- Add your voice or external music
- Design your image with colorful stickers
- Try mirror image or diffusion image effect
- Add the text of your own choice, change its color, font & size
- Use shape masks, layers, curves & other features similar to Adobe Photoshop
- Play with borders. Add white, black, or color borders
- Use PicsArt designing templates & make story posts, picture collages, etc
In addition to these traits, many more contribute altogether & outshine PicsArt as a phenomenal tool. Still, out of all features, PicsArt blur background has always been in the central limelight for bringing vibrancy to the pictures. Look at the pros of blurring a photograph’s background via PicsArt.
- Shifts the whole focus on the foreground person or object & makes it look more observable
- Enhances the whole aura of an image by adding depth & 3D dimension to its surroundings, just like a portrait Image
- It helps in creating an illusional movement in the picture, i.e., running water, moving lights, wandering sky, etc
- It serves as a crucial component in fashion photography by softening the rough edges and lines, which makes the picture look much more pleasant
Types Of Blur Effect In PicsArt
There are several blur effects, but the ones which are majorly used are the four mentioned below:
- Motion Blur: It lets you create illusional motions or movements of water, light, energy, people & action
- Radial Blur: With this, you can include a circular motion effect along with a central focus effect in your image
- Focal Zoom: Choose the area which you want to keep sharp & set up the exact focus of the image with a blurred background by taking the help of this impressive feature
- Smart Blur: Gives a luxurious magazine touch by blurring the significant details of the photograph
Easy Steps To Blur Single Photo In PicsArt
PicsArt gives a variety of options to users for editing pictures & videos. If someone wants to blur the entire photo and not just the background, it can be accomplished in 8 simple steps.
- Step 1: Download the PicsArt app from the Play Store or App Store. If you already have installed it, then open the app
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘+’ icon to upload a picture of your choice. You can also choose any random image from the #FreeToEdit images
- Step 3: Search for the ‘Effects’ option in the bottom toolbar & click on it
- Step 4: Now, look out for the ‘Blur’ option & upon finding it choose the blur filter you’re willing to add to the image
Pro Tip: Start with a basic blur if you’re a beginner, and keep on experimenting with more blur effects. Watch YouTube videos for assistance, and sooner you’ll become a Pro at editing pictures in a professional manner.
- Step 5: Choose the focal point of your image by using the Focal Zoom & Radial Blur effects and wait for the magic to happen
- Step 6: For adjusting the blurry area, opt for the manual method where you have to select and hold into the filter to perfectly set the Fade, Size, Blur, Hardness & many other aspects of the picture
- Step 7: Click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the photo once you’re done with editing the picture
- Step 8: Lastly, click on the ‘Next’ & export the image to your phone gallery or share it with your known ones on varied social media apps
Know How To Blur Faces Through PicsArt
Blurring faces in pictures has become a common trend among teenagers. Many opt for it due to privacy reasons, whereas some follow the latest style. However, this feature can also be applied in images where some passerby has been clicked in your picture, and you want to vanish their presence completely. There’s no hard & fast procedure to blur an unknown face in the photo, and it can be effortlessly done in a few minutes. To do so, you need to have the updated version of the PicsArt app on your device (smartphone, tablet, desktop, or Mac) & then sign up or login into it.
- Step 1: First, upload the selected picture by tapping the ‘+’ icon. If you want to give it a random try first, then pick up any image from the #FreeToEdit section, which is full of new images
- Step 2: To bring up the selection tools, click on the ‘Tools’ icon & then ‘Selection’ to choose the part you are looking forward to blur, as for here choose the facial area
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Select’ option & then ‘Face’ after which the AI tool will pick up all the faces in your photo & will focus on them in the red colour
- Step 4: Here, you’ve to choose the ‘Effects’ option from the toolbar and then Blur for selecting the blur filter of your preference from the list of varieties showcased on the screen
- Step 5: Once you choose any blur effect out of Blur, Radial Blur, Focal Zoom, Motion Blur & Smart Blur, it’ll automatically blur the particular face in your image. Go for the manual method as described in the above blurring techniques if required
- Step 6: Click on ‘Apply’ on being done with the editing and then click on ‘Next’ to export the photo on your device or upload it on other platforms
|Quick Update: The #FreeToEdit category has many image templates for practicing purposes. If you’re inexperienced, feel free to use images from here & edit them to gain hands-on practical experience in photo editing & how to use the associated tools. There are millions of free stickers available in this section too.
Technique To Make Your Blurry Image Look Clear With PicsArt
It’s only possible to click focus images sometimes. Your gallery might have multiple images with distorted focus, dark backgrounds, blurred or hazy areas, etc. To wipe these characteristics from your image and make it look crystal clear again, here’s the method you need to follow:
- Step 1: Upload the photo by tapping on the ‘+’ icon and then click on Effects from the toolbar panel
- Step 2: Click on the HDR effect. On doing so, you’ll see that the light & contrast of your image has escalated more & it resembles a 3D image.
- Step 3: You’ve to again click on the HDR effect to divulge the other photo editing options
- Step 4: Navigate the ‘Blur’ slider to adjust the shot crispness
- Step 5 (Optional): A choice of moving the Unsharp slider from the left to right area is also available in PicsArt. It helps in upgrading the sharpness and other unclear parameters
- Step 6: Let the Saturation & Fade sliders be as they’re or increase/decrease them accordingly. Upon increasing fade, you’ll get a muted effect; however, the contrasts and colour upscales on decreasing fade, resulting in a much clearer and sharper image. Save the shot once you’ve successfully winded the editing
The maximum population still uses PicsArt compared to Instashot, Snapseed, Lightroom Photo & Video Editor, Canva, etc. The reason behind the immense usage & popularity of PicsArt is the easy-to-use features, like the PicsArt blur background tool. If you haven’t explored the PicsArt yet, then it’s high time you get aware of the persona of this app. Edit your pictures professionally & become a master in one. Do let us know if you tried any of the methods mentioned in this article & what’s your opinion about using PicsArt.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Is there any subscription package available for PicsArt?
Ans: The free version comes at zero cost. If you want access to the paid version, you can purchase PicsArt Gold at Rs 166.66 per month. If you’re a business entity, a photographer where image editing comes around in your day-to-day task, then go ahead with Rs 160 per month, which is billed Rs 1920 yearly.
Q) Can students also use PicsArt for free?
Ans: There’s no age restriction on using PicsArt. Anyone can use this application freely. If you’re a student, you must register and verify your student status, after which you’ll get full access to the huge student discounts.