The concept of Shark Tank India emerged from an American Reality Show Shark Tank which was first aired in 2009. It’s a business reality show where entrepreneurs from all over India participate to seek funding from the sharks. The entrepreneurs pitch their business model, net valuation, unique USP & other strategies to the sharks (judges) based on which they decide whether they’ll fund that business or not.
So far, more than 67 businesses have received investment from sharks in Season 1 & this number is supposed to increase in Season 2. Till date, Shark Tank India Season 2 judges have made an investment worth Rs 81.16 Cr by funding various businesses like Cakelicious, Unstop, Janitri, House of Chikankari, Tea Angrakha, Medulance, Snitch, Paradyes, Mahantam, Sahayatha, Nisha Hair, etc.
On seeing the massive success of Shark Tank India Season 1 & 2, the makers have decided to air Shark Tank India Season 3 as well in 2024. The core idea of this reality show will be the same but the pitchers will be different. New pitchers will be participating in this season and the level of competition is going to be higher in Shark Tank India Season 3.
So far, there’s information on the judgement panel or host about whether they’ll be changed or are going to be the same. This secret will only get revealed once the trailer of Shark Tank India Season 3 is out in 2024. Until then let’s go through the eligibility criteria, application procedure & other details about this show. If you’re a budding business owner & want to demonstrate your business to sharks on national television then this is the ultimate roadmap to reach there.
- The participant should be above 18 years or above
- The participant should be physically & mentally fit
- The participant should own an outstanding business product or concept
|Note: You need not pay any registration fee to participate in Shark Tank India Season 3|
- Participant’s Full Name ( If there is more than 1 business owner then everyone’s details should be mentioned in the form)
- Gender, Date of Birth, Current Age, Home & Business Address, Contact Details, Email Address, Image & Additional Business Details
Also Read: Shark Tank India Judges Season 1 & 2
Registration Procedure Shark Tank India Season 3
- Step 1: Install the SonyLIV App either from the Play Store or the App Store. You can also register on the official Shark Tank website once the registration process for Season 3 is live.
- Step 2: On opening the app you’ll see the Shark Tank India icon with the ‘Register Now’ option. Click on this to open up the Shark Tank India registration page
- Step 3: Enter your mobile number for verification purposes. You’ll receive a six-digit OTP on your mobile, which you have to enter for proceeding to the next step
- Step 4: Choose the relevant communication language (Hindi or English) at your convenience
- Step 5: Tick Mark on the ‘Terms & Conditions form, read all the clauses properly, and then submit the registration form
- Step 6: Participants are now asked to fill in all the personal & professional details like address, educational background, work experience, etc
- Step 7: In the next section of the application form, one has to fill in all their business details like the company’s name, functioning sector, and what their business is about along with a high-quality product image
- Step 8: Participants are also required to get a safety document for their business prototype or product
- Step 9: Business owners now need to specify their funding requirements along with the equity percentage they’re willing to pitch to the sharks
- Step 10: In addition, participants also need to mention the existing stage of their business in the registration form
- Step 11: To proceed further, participants need to specify whether their company has ever fallen into any kind of legal trouble or has faced any kind of massive loss in the past
- Step 12: The candidate needs to reveal if he/she was legally stopped from being their business director or if was ousted from the company ever
- Step 13: Entrepreneurs need to clearly describe if it’s their first time facing national television or if they already have a good television experience. It’s necessary because those who have never encountered such a high scale need to be prepared on how to pitch in front of the camera
- Step 14: The applicants also need to mention if they have pitched the same business proposal on any other live show
- Step 15: An informative self-description of approximately 250 words needs to be submitted by the participants
- Step 16: The attendee also needs to sign a declaration form & guarantee that they and their company are not subject to any confidentiality duties & producers won’t face any legal trouble if they release the company’s information online
- Step 17: Lastly, tap on the ‘Submit’ button & confirm your application submission for Shark Tank India Season 3
Also Read: Byju’s Edtech Startup In Talks To Raise $400 Mn (Soon In Decacorn Club)
After completing the registration process, all the candidates are called for an audition by the producers. Here, one needs to make & submit a 3-minute video pitching their business to the makers.
To qualify for this audition round, the business owners need to disclose the key performance benchmarks report of their company. After clearing this round, the candidate makes it to the final selection round once their business proposal is cut short and edited by the makers.
In the final round, candidates need to attend a face-to-face interview which is conducted only in specific cities. All the guidelines about the interview round will be shared by the Shark Tank Team with the applicants. The final decision of selecting the pitchers is made by the Shark Tank India team who assesses the business on all the parameters according to their show guidelines.
Documents Required For Audition Round
- Handwritten business idea
- Video of their business idea & products
- Trademark & intellectual property certifications
- KYC documents
- Income tax reports
- Previous funding raised & other investors (if any)
- Applicable bank loans
Those who clear this round are called to the Shark Tank India studio in Mumbai for putting forward their business idea to the sharks. Pitchers are guided throughout their journey until they make it in front of the sharks via call or email by the SonyLiv production staff team.
Guide To Present Your Business Pitch
- Follow the instructions mentioned by the Shark Tank India Producer assigned to you
- Fill out the ‘crib sheet; given by the producer. The crib sheet comprises all the essential questions that sharks can ask you on the show
- Create a mind-blowing opening pitch to catch the attention of the sharks
- Be well versed with the financial aspects involved in your business like product rate, inventory, profit margin, successful sales & net profit each year, etc
- Make fair funding request and don’t ask for excessive funding from the sharks
- Watch Season 1 & Season 2 episodes and get an idea about how selected businesses pitched in the Shark Tank India, what’s business USP, how much funding & equity did they ask for to close the deal
- Perform in-depth research about the sharks, their companies, how they started, and what were the challenges they faced in their startup journey
Shark Tank India Season 3 Judges, Host & Pitchers
The previous seasons have received so much love from the audience that makers are bound to telecast Shark Tank India Season 3 soon. So far, there’s no information about the judges, hosts, or pitchers who’ll be a part of the next season. Although, the pitcher’s list will change even if the judges & host are the same.
In the first season, Anupam Mittal (Founder & CEO Shaadi.com), Namita Thapar (Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals), Ashneer Grover (Ex MD-BharatPe & Founder-CrickPe), Aman Gupta (CMO & Co-Founder Boat), Vineeta Saini (CEO & Co-Founder Sugar Cosmetics), Ghazal Alagh (Chief Mama & Co-Founder) Peyush Bansal (Founder & CEO Lenskart) were featured in the judging panel.
The host for Season 1 was Ranvijay Singha however Rahul Dua replaced him in Season 2. Talking about the sharks, well in Shark Tank India Season 2, Amit Jain (Founder & CEO Car Dekho) is the new face amongst sharks who came in the place of Ashneer Grover. The audience was quite disappointed when they didn’t see Ashneer in the second season and there were many weird speculations in the news of him not being part of the show.
Shark Tank India Season 3 Trailer
Currently, Shark Tank India Season 2 is already running live on SonyLiv hence once this season is over then only makers will start working on the Season 3 plan. The trailer will be launched online once the producers make a fresh ideation for the new season. There’s a high possibility that the trailer will surely be amazing & engrossing for the audience whenever it releases in the future. The trailer launch date & all the latest updates about Shark Tank India Season 3 will be shared by the makers on national television, SonyLiv & Shark Tank India social media platforms, etc.
Also Read: Sequoia Capital Backs 7 Indian Startups In The Third Batch Of Surge
Shark Tank India is an exclusive show which offers a central platform for growing business entrepreneurs for upscaling their business. Participants who get selected as pitchers need to demonstrate their ideas & product to sharks in exchange of funding and the equity they’re willing to offer. If you’re also a budding entrepreneur and want to achieve new heights in your business then try your luck in Shark Tank India Season 3 once registrations get open in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) How many episodes were there in Shark Tank India Season 1?
Ans: There were 35 episodes in total in the Shark Tank India Season 1.
Q) Which shark has done the maximum investment in Shark Tank India Season 2?
Ans: Namita Thapar has made an investment worth Rs 19.06 Cr on Shark Tank India Season 2 which is the highest in comparison to investments made by other sharks.
Q) Which type of businesses can participate in Shark Tank India?
Ans: All types of business entrepreneurs ranging from different sectors can participate in Shark Tank India. However, more preference is given to businesses that exhibit unique business ideas.