Xiaomi is one of the leading gadget manufacturers in India, China, Europe, and many other countries across the globe. Apart from supplying astonishing & good-quality smartphones, it had also planned to launch LED televisions in India which were embedded with modern & high-tech features. The central vision of Xiaomi was to get portrayed at a bigger picture in India, for which they had locked the target of opening 5000 outlets in rural areas, and since then, there’s no looking back for them. From having multiple outlets in India to having millions of customers, they have conquered it all.
If we talk about Xiaomi mobile features, then they’re pretty amazing but after some time the device starts lagging which calls for mobile reset to fix it. Resetting your Xiaomi smartphone can be an effective way to solve software problems, free up storage space, or simply start fresh with a clean slate. If you’re constantly looking for a step-by-step guide on how to reset mi phone and didn’t find relevant methods, then don’t worry because now you’ve landed at the right place. Stay tuned and keep reading to bring your phone back to its normal state.
Important Guidelines To Remember Before Resetting Xiaomi Device
First and foremost, it is important to understand that resetting your Xiaomi smartphone will erase all data and settings from your device, including your personal files, contacts, messages, and installed apps.
Therefore, it is crucial to back up all of your important data before initiating the reset process. You can back up your data using Xiaomi’s built-in backup feature or by using a third-party backup app like Google Drive or Dropbox. Make sure to check that your backup is complete and accessible before proceeding with the reset.
Another thing to keep in mind is that resetting your Xiaomi smartphone will also remove any system updates or patches that you have installed. This means that after the reset, your device will revert to its original operating system version, and you will need to update it to the latest version manually. This process can take some time, so make sure to set aside enough time to complete the update before using your device again.
Know How To Reset Mi Phone From The Settings Menu
- Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu and open it on your smartphone
- Step 2: Locate the ‘Factory Reset’ option from ‘About Phone’ or either the ‘Additional Settings’ menu
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Factory Reset’ option & enter your password to move forward with the next step
- Step 4 (Optional): You can take the backup of your device ( if you haven’t) by clicking on the ‘Back Up’ option
- Step 5: After performing Step 3, click on the ‘Next’ button and wait for 10 seconds.
- Step 6: Click on the ‘Ok’ option after another 10 seconds and then wait until your Xiaomi smartphone gets reset completely
- Step 7: The device will start again once the reset procedure is over & then you can start using it from the scratch
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi 4x Miui 11 Flash File Firmware |Steps to Flash
Here’s How To Reset Mi Phone Via Recovery Mode
It happens with all of us that after implementing a strong password in our smartphones, we forget it, due to which we’re unable to access our device. There’s no other way to access it apart from unlocking it via the right password, taking it to the customer care centre so that they can unlock it, or rebooting the device all over. Although you’ll be able to use your device after you reset it, even if it’s unlocked, but negative consequences are that all your crucial data, such as photos, videos, and documents, will get erased.
So make sure to take a complete data backup every month of your device as if, by chance you forgot the password and have to reboot it in any case, then you can do so without worrying about the data. In order to reset the Xiaomi device through this method, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Switch off your Xiaomi device by pressing & holding the power button
- Step 2: On doing so, you’ll see a power menu on the screen. Click on the ‘Power Off’ option to turn off the mobile
- Step 3: Altogether, press and hold the volume button & power button once the device is turned off & after a while, ‘Recovery Mode’ will flash up on the screen of your device
- Step 4: Through the volume buttons, search for the ‘Wipe Data’ option and then choose it by pressing the power button. Tap on the ‘Yes’ option when asked for the confirmation
- Step 5: Choose ‘Wipe All Data’ by pressing the power button one more time
- Step 6: Tap on the ‘Confirm’ option. You’ll see a ‘Success’ prompt on the screen once the process gets fully accomplished on the Xiaomi device
- Step 7: Now tap on the ‘Back to Main Menu’ option & reboot your device
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Latest MI Launch- Check Key Highlights
Perform Factory Reset Using ADB Tool
We would state this as a standby method in replacement of recovery mode as it’s convenient in relevance with the former one. You can reset your phone using the ADB tool if you’ve forgotten your phone password and don’t have any access to your device. Other requirements include having a PC or laptop & unlocked bootloader because, without these, it’s impossible to execute this method in a streamlined manner.
- Step 1: You need to download the ADB & Fastboot tools on your computer system
- Step 2: Go ahead & extract the file. Now open the specific folder on your PC
- Step 3: You’ll see a vacant space inside the folder, right click on it & check if the message “Open command windows here” is visible on the screen, make sure it’s because then only further steps can be followed easily through the manual or ADB method
- Step 1: Switch off your Xiaomi smartphone via the power button once the above steps are finished
- Step 2: Firmly press and hold the volume button & power button altogether for a few seconds. After some time, the Fastboot procedure will get activated on your device once it’s icon pop-ups on the screen
- Step 1: From the ‘Developer Settings’ of your Xiaomi device, turn on the ADB
- Step 2: With the help of a compatible USB cable, attach your Xiaomi device to the PC
|Note: A pop-up will get displayed on the screen exhibiting the message whether you want to permit this action to take place, i.e., connecting the device through the ADB|
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Yes’ option & then look out for the ADB devices. Make sure that the serial number of the device is mentioned there
- Step 4: Type ‘ADB reboot bootloader,’ and after some time, your Xiaomi device will get processed into the “Fastboot” action mode
- Step 5: Once your device is into the Fastboot mode, enter the command “Fastboot-w” after which you’ll receive feedback over the cmd on your PC about it
- Step 6: If the execution goes successful, then enter the “Fastboot reboot” to facilitate the reset procedure on the Xiaomi device
However, if the method fails, then chances are that you might have entered the wrong command or typed something else, which led to this issue. Another possibility could be that the bootloader of your device is locked; henceforth under such circumstances, you need to type ‘Fastboot reboot’ and switch on the device again. You can try this method after a while but do enter the right command everywhere.
Learn How To Reset Mi Phone Through Google Account
In order to perform this technique, you need to have an active Google account on your Xiaomi device & then reset your account from another PC or device by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Type “google.com/android/find” on the web browser of the particular phone or PC
- Step 2: Next, you’ve to login into the same account as of Xiaomi smartphone
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Erase Device’ option and confirm the same to start the resetting procedure on your Xiaomi device
2 Easy Steps To Soft Reset Mi Phone
One of the simplest methods for resetting the Xiaomi smartphone. There’s nothing easier than this & if you found the above-mentioned tedious, daunting, or quite lengthy, then we would advise you to go ahead with this one to reset your device in a few minutes. However, remember to take a complete backup of your device before resetting your device via this method.
- Step 1: You’ve to first press and hold the volume & power button for a while till you see the ‘Power Menu’ on the screen of your Xiaomi smartphone
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Restart’ option. Wait patiently for a while until the restart process gets completed. Once it’s done, your device will start again
|Note: If this method fails, then you’ve to hold the power button for somewhere around 10 seconds so that the restart procedure can be started all over again.|
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Review
Pros & Cons Of Factory Resetting Mi Phone
- If your phone is stolen and you don’t want the other person to have access to your personal data, then you can reset your device via the google method or through another PC
- You can freely use these methods if your phone is not functioning properly for a longer period or is working too slow
- If you’re willing to sell your phone to someone else, then you can opt for a factory reset instead of deleting everything one by one
- This method doesn’t delete the data stored in your SIM card or the SD card, and all the data stored in these components remains intact even if you reset the device
- It’s not applicable for fixing the hardware issues and may lead to more troublesome circumstances in the future
In 2022, Xiaomi had a 24.26% market share in India, but sadly its market dropped off in 2023. Still, many people in India are purchasing Xiaomi devices and are using them. But after a certain period, the Xiaomi device starts functioning very slowly, which demands a factory reset of the device. In this article, we have listed all the methods on how to reset mi phones in a detailed manner that is easily understood by our users. So if you’re someone who’s facing this issue, then do try these methods and let us know which one worked out for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Does a factory reset lead to the removal of the Mi account from the device?
Ans: Unfortunately, it’s a No & the execution of this action doesn’t wipe off the Mi account details stored on your device. It’s stored in the advanced bootloader and is easily accessible. Although, you can get it removed if you have an account password with you.
Q) Is it possible to reboot the Mi phone without the Mi account password?
Ans: If you have forgotten your password, then you have the option to answer your security question correctly for resetting the password of your Mi account. You can also reset the password by visiting the official Xiaomi website.