Internet connectivity has turned out to be an important element in our day-to-day life. The increasing dependency on the Internet to accomplish our routine life task is the main reason for the huge annoyance whenever people faces internet disconnection. In addition to this, Windows 10
Prominent Reasons For ‘Why Does My Ethernet Keep Disconnecting?’
It’s a little inconvenient when the internet connection does not work properly. It can become a huge hindrance to everyone’s day-to-day activity. A reliable internet connection is a must just the way the new age of working from home is. The issue of ethernet disconnection is reported in Windows 11 as well.
- If numerous devices are using a great amount of bandwidth at the same point in time, it can lead to ethernet disconnection.
- It usually occurs when you live with a group that consists of a large number of people. As the Wi-Fi network is overloaded with numerous wireless devices & it may lead to ethernet disconnection.
- For instance, if you are conducting a Zoom meeting over a wireless connection of 15-25 Mbps, it might become choppy or will not work at all if other users are watching any show in high-definition or playing some online game by using the same network at the same point of time.
Methods For Fixing The Issue Of ‘Why Does My Ethernet Keep Disconnecting’
Method 1: Update Ethernet Adapter Driver
The problem of ethernet disconnection can persist due to faulty or outdated ethernet drivers. Therefore, you need to update the driver by using any driver updater software. A driver updater software will scan your computer and will tell you about the devices for which you have to update the drivers.
The common bugs and errors faced by Windows users are due to incompatible or old drivers. If you do not keep your system up-to-date, it can lag your system and you have to face errors or BSoDs. To eliminate such issues, use an automatic tool that will help you in finding out, downloading, and installation of the correct version of the driver on your Windows within a few clicks. We suggest you go for ‘DriverFix’. Follow the steps mentioned below to proceed further.
- Step 1: After searching out DriverFix, proceed with its downloading and installation.
- Step 2: Go to the app.
- Step 3: You need to wait for some time to let the DriverFix scan your device and detect the faulty drivers.
- Step 4: After the scan is completed, it will enlist all the faulty drivers that need to be updated on your PC.
- Step 5: Select the faulty drivers that you want to fix.
- Step 6: DriverFix will now download and install the latest driver.
- Step 7: Restart your computer and check if the necessary changes that have occurred.
Method 2: Use Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Step 1: Go to the search bar present next to the start button on the taskbar.
- Step 2: You need to enter the ‘Troubleshoot’ word in the search box.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Troubleshoot Settings’ to open the tab of Troubleshoot in the settings.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Additional Troubleshooters’ to open the list of troubleshooters in the settings.
- Step 5: Choose the option of ‘Network Adapter’ and select ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- Step 6: Select the option of ‘Ethernet’ in the ‘Network Adapter Troubleshooter’ and press the button of ‘Next’ to go further with the suggested resolutions. Check if the ethernet is still getting disconnected on your Windows 10 or not.
Method 3: Adjust Setting Of ‘Power Management’ For Ethernet Adapter
- Step 1: Press the ‘R+ Windows keys’ simultaneously to start the ‘Run Accessory’.
- Step 2: You need to enter the’ devmgmt.msc’ command and press ‘Ok’.
- Step 3: Double click on the category of ‘Network Adapter’ present in the Device Manager for its expansion.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Ethernet adapter and select the option of ‘Properties’.
- Step 5: Choose the tab ‘Power Management’.
- Step 6: Uncheck the check box of ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’.
- Step 7: Hit ‘Ok’ to save the changes done in the settings. If the power settings are not set properly, it can lead to the issue of ethernet disconnection. Therefore, we suggest you check it and adjust it appropriately to fix the disconnection issue.
Method 4: Enable Ethernet
- Step 1: Go to the option of Search in your Windows 10.
- Step 2: Enter the word ‘network’ on the search bar.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘View network connections’.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Ethernet connection that is listed on the screen to open the ‘Context Menu’ option.
- Step 5: Click on the option of ‘Enable’ if your ethernet is disabled.
Method 5: Use Another Ethernet Cable
If your ethernet connection is getting disconnected frequently on your Windows 10, you should check the ethernet cable. If the condition of the ethernet cable is not ok, you should replace it with a new one. You can also try connecting your ethernet cable to various other ports on your router and check if it is useful.
Method 6: Disabling Windows Firewall
- Step 1: Press the ‘S + Windows key’ simultaneously to open ‘Search Utility’.
- Step 2: Enter the word ‘Firewall’ in the search box.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ present on the left side of the applet.
- Step 5: Choose both the options of ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ in the customized settings.
- Step 6: Click on ‘Ok’ for the confirmation of the new settings. You need to disable the third-party antivirus by right-clicking on the icon of ‘System Tray’ and choosing an off (disabled) shield of some description.
Method 7: Never Use Proxy Server
- Step 1: Go to the search box of Windows 10.
- Step 2: You need to type ‘Internet Options’ in the search bar.
- Step 3: For opening the windows of internet properties, you have to select ‘Internet Options’.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Connection tabs’. Click on the button ‘LAN settings’.
- Step 5: Uncheck the check box of ‘Use a proxy server’.
- Step 6: Hit the ‘Ok’ option.
Method 8: Network Reset
- Step 1: Press the ‘I + Windows key’ simultaneously to open the settings.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Network & Internet’ for opening the status tab in the settings.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Network Reset’ from the set of displayed options.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Reset now’ button for confirmation and restart the PC.
The issue of Ethernet disconnection might sound so simple but the one who experiences only knows how annoying it is. The major question ‘why does my ethernet keep disconnecting’ has been answered along with the solutions to fix it. Try any of the explained methods to resolve the issue of ethernet disconnection.