Don’t you ever get bored of the default ringtones? Have you ever liked a song video on YouTube and wanted to keep it as your device ringtone? YouTube is a popular choice for entertainment. You can play any song that you have once heard on the internet. YouTube is a perfect source to look out for popular songs and you can also keep those songs as your phone ringtone if you are not getting them from anywhere else.
You can watch any video on YouTube without facing any glitches. Nevertheless, you just can’t download the audio if you haven’t subscribed to the premium version or enabled YouTube music. It means that you won’t be able to download the music files to listen to them in an offline mode or set it as your device ringtone. This can hinder your way to make YouTube song as your ringtone on Android.
You can’t officially download a video from YouTube in the form of audio but there are a few alternatives that can help you in downloading any audio from YouTube and set it as a ringtone. It can help you when you aren’t getting the song from any other site or the song is not available on any other streaming platforms. That’s why we are here to help you out in setting a song as a ringtone that you will download from YouTube after following the instructions explained by us in this article.
Also Read: 9 Proven Fixes For YouTube Something Went Wrong
Methods To Make YouTube Song As Your Ringtone On Android
The process to make a YouTube song as your ringtone on Android is divided into three sections. Each section is properly explained:
Section 1: Converting the YouTube video into an MP3 format
As we all are aware of the fact that YouTube won’t let you download any audio officially, therefore you need to convert the video into an MP3 format. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Step 1: From YouTube, open the video from where you would like to set the ringtone.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Share’ that is located at the bottom side of the video.
- Step 3: Copy the video link by selecting the option of ‘Copy link’.
- Step 4: Navigate towards the web browser and open the ‘ytmp3.cc’ website.
- Step 5: Paste the link to the YouTube video in its URL box.
- Step 6: Hit the ‘Convert’ button to start the process of conversion.
- Step 7: Once the video has been converted into an MP3 format, click on the option of ‘Download’ to download the MP3 file to your device.
- Step 8: Follow the steps of section 2 described further.
Section 2: Trimming the MP3 Audio
It’s a fact that the ringtone can never exceed the time limit of 30 seconds. Therefore, you have to trim the audio. You have two options to trim a video, either head towards any video trimming website from any web browser or use any third-party application.
Method 1: Via Web Browser
- Step 1: After opening the web browser of your choice, open the ‘mp3cut.net’ website.
- Step 2: Click on the option of ‘Open File’.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Files’ from the pop-up menu.
- Step 4: Upload the MP3 Audio file after locating it on your device.
- Step 5: Wait until the file is getting uploaded.
- Step 6: Select a part of the audio of approximately 20 to 30 seconds that you want to keep as a ringtone and click on the option of ‘Save’.
- Step 7: Wait until the website completes the trimming process. Afterwards, select the option of ‘save’.
Method 2: Via Third-party application
Application number 1: Inshot Inc.
The MP3 cutter and Ringtone maker application by Inshot Inc. is quite great and is available for free. To download this app, visit the Google Play Store and search for it. You can get enormous features such as mixing and merging two audio files, trimming the audio, etc. Nevertheless, a few advertisement pop-ups can be seen while accessing the app. Follow the steps mentioned below to trim the audio file:
- Step 1: Head towards the Google Play Store for downloading the app ‘MP3 Cutter and Video maker’ by Inshot Inc.
- Step 2: After you have installed the app, open it.
- Step 3: Accept the terms and conditions and permit access to files and folders.
- Step 4: Locate the file from the device.
- Step 5: Drag the blue sticks for trimming the file and select the icon of ‘check’ present at the top-right side of the screen.
- Step 6: Select the option of ‘Conver’ from the pop-up display.
- Step 7: After trimming the audio, copy and paste it into the internal storage of your device by selecting the option of ‘Share’.
Also Read: Turn On Repeat Mode: How To Put A Song On Repeat On YouTube
Application number 2: Timbre App by Timbre Inc.
The features of this app somewhat resemble the MP3 cutter and video maker by Inshot Inc. Follow the steps mentioned below to trim an audio file using Timbre App:
- Step 1: After opening the Google Play Store, download the Timbre app and open it.
- Step 2: Grant all the required permissions to the app to access your device files and folders.
- Step 3: There will be an option of ‘Cut’ under the audio file. Select it.
- Step 4: Select the audio file from the available list.
- Step 5: Choose the part that you want to keep as the ringtone.
- Step 6: Select the icon of ‘Trim’.
- Step 7: Select the option of ‘Save’ and the file will get saved to the designated location that you can see in the pop-up display.
Section 3: Setting the audio as the ringtone of your Android device
The last section is to make YouTube song as your ringtone on Android. Now you have to set the trimmed audio as the default ringtone of your phone. Follow the steps to set the ringtone:
- Step 1: After opening the settings of your device, look for the option of ‘Sounds and Vibrations’ and select it.
- Step 2: Choose the tab of ‘phone ringtone’.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Choose a local ringtone’.
- Step 4: Tap your finger on the option of ‘File manager’.
- Step 5: Locate the trimmed audio file and set it as the ringtone by tapping on the option of ‘Ok’.
Also Read: How To Turn Off Autoplay On YouTube: YouTube Hack
Hearing the default ringtones is such a boring task. To make it interesting, you can set a beautiful ringtone that you can browse from YouTube, and later on, you can make YouTube song as your ringtone on Android by following the steps that we have prescribed in this article. Sounds interesting, right? Now you can be the trendy person in your group by keeping a trendy ringtone.