Last Updated on
Recently lost your phone? Or have you lost your airtel sim card? Or has it been hacked? It is your prime duty and priority now to block your airtel sim card and report it. Privacy invasion has currently increased a lot. To protect your privacy and prevent the misuse of your number you should be well aware of the necessary procedures to do.
In case your phone is lost :
- All you should first do is, check if your phone is in safe hands by dialing with another number and make sure about the chances of getting it back.
- Another option that you can look for is the device locator feature on your mobile such as find my phone. There are a lot of chances that you may find your phone soon.
After you have already tried the above two steps and have not yet achieved what you wanted, you have to go ahead and block your sim card.
To block your airtel sim card or your airtel connection, you need to follow the following steps :
Step 1: Written Registration
- One of the best options to get your airtel number deactivated would be to go to the nearest Airtel store and have your complaint/request registered by written means.
Step 2: Customer Care
- Raising request to customer care or visiting nearby airtel relationship centers may also be of great help.
Step 3: Further Process
- The employees at the airtel store will then raise request forward for disconnections and your number should be blocked within the next 7-10 days.
Also Read: Airtel Emergency Credit Talktime
Step 4: 121 & 198 To The Rescue
- Dialing to 121 or 198 from any of the airtel sim cards and following the instructions given by the agent from airtel customer care center could also fetch you help regarding this issue of sim deactivation.
Step5: Duplicate sim card form
- After the above procedure is complete, all you are left with doing is, fill up the duplicate sim card form at the nearest airtel store.
Also Read: Check Data Usage In Airtel Broadband
Step 6: Address Proof
- Then you will have to provide your address proof such as electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.for verification.
Step 7: Two Photographs
- You will also have to provide two photographs for further verification.
Step 8: Sim Replacement Charge
- Because you have requested another sim card which would require a little extra effort, you will have to pay some minimal amount as a simple replacement charge.
- Now that all the difficult and time-consuming part is over, you will be handed over your new sim care. And it would be activated soon. The estimated time of activation of your simple card is around 4 hours. Airtel will carry forward the remaining balance in our old sim card to your new duplicate sim card.
And then you will be all ready to enjoy your airtel service.