If you have purchased a new prepaid BSNL SIM then it will take some time to activate. To able to use your BSNL sim you have to activate it first then only you can access it.
Within 24 hours of the purchase of your BSNL SIM, it gets activated. An initial activation alert SMS will be sent to the alternate mobile number which would be provided by you in the CAF. After initial activation, the customer needs to dial 1507 for verification of his or her new SIM card. On successful verification, your new BSNL SIM will get activated fully. Now onwards, you can enjoy the service of India’s No.1 telecom company.
Steps to Activate Your BSNL SIM
- Turn off your mobile phone if it is not readily powered off.
- Fix the BSNL SIM card on your phone. The SIM card slot is located under the battery in the back of the phone.
- Power on the phone by pressing the “Power/End” button.
- Now, wait for the network.
- Now you have to dial “1507” on the phone to confirm your card, selection of language and verification.
- You will be prompted for Tele-Verification
- Follow the Tele-verification guide.
- Done! Your sim is now activated, and you can start using it.
- This activates your SIM card with the phone.
How to Reactivate your Deactivated BSNL Number
- Try contacting BSNL customer care and request for reactivation of your deactivated sim.
- Then you need to visit your nearest BSNL store and submit your reactivation request for your deactivated SIM.
- Provide Address and Photo Id proofs.
- Confirmation call may be received by you and then your number will be re-activated.
News Source: According to TRAI regulations 22nd March ’13, Services to any Prepaid Mobile connection for the users will be deactivated with less than Rs.20 balance and if there is no usage i.e. without any usage (incoming or outgoing voice or video calls, Outgoing SMS, Mobile Internet or Data usage, VAS usage or purchases with balance) for about 90 days.
Your Prepaid Mobile connections can be reactivated within the time period of 15 days from the date of deactivation, by making a small payment of Rs.20.
Note: If your BSNL Mobile sim is de-activated, it can be re-activated within 15 days.