If you have purchased a new prepaid BSNL SIM then it will take some time to activate. To able to use your BSNL sim you have to activate it first then only you can access it.
Within 24 hours of the purchase of your BSNL SIM, it gets activated. An initial activation alert SMS will be sent to the alternate mobile number which would be provided by you in the CAF. After initial activation, the customer needs to dial 1507 for verification of his or her new SIM card. On successful verification, your new BSNL SIM will get activated fully. Now onwards, you can enjoy the service of India’s No.1 telecom company.
Steps to Activate Your BSNL SIM
- Turn off your mobile phone if it is not readily powered off.
- Fix the BSNL SIM card on your phone. The SIM card slot is located under the battery in the back of the phone.
- Power on the phone by pressing the “Power/End” button.
- Now, wait for the network.
- Now you have to dial “1507” on the phone to confirm your card, selection of language and verification.
- You will be prompted for Tele-Verification
- Follow the Tele-verification guide.
- Done! Your sim is now activated, and you can start using it.
- This activates your SIM card with the phone.
How to Reactivate your Deactivated BSNL Number
- Try contacting BSNL customer care and request for reactivation of your deactivated sim.
- Then you need to visit your nearest BSNL store and submit your reactivation request for your deactivated SIM.
- Provide Address and Photo Id proofs.
- Confirmation call may be received by you and then your number will be re-activated.
News Source: According to TRAI regulations 22nd March ’13, Services to any Prepaid Mobile connection for the users will be deactivated with less than Rs.20 balance and if there is no usage i.e. without any usage (incoming or outgoing voice or video calls, Outgoing SMS, Mobile Internet or Data usage, VAS usage or purchases with balance) for about 90 days.
Also Read: Check BSNL 2G/3G/4G Data Balance And Validity
Your Prepaid Mobile connections can be reactivated within the time period of 15 days from the date of deactivation, by making a small payment of Rs.20.
Note: If your BSNL Mobile sim is de-activated, it can be re-activated within 15 days.
7 Comments on “Activate Your New BSNL SIM/ Reactivate Your Deactivated BSNL Number”
My number 8985871730 deaactivated mr
Try to contact customer care 🙂
Steps to be followed
1)Try contacting BSNL customer care and request for reactivation of your deactivated sim.
2) Then you need to visit your nearest BSNL store and submit your reactivation request for your deactivated SIM.
3)Provide Address and Photo Id proofs.
4)Confirmation call may be received by you and then your number will be re-activated.
I had a very old BSNL prepaid sim which i stoped using after i took a new sim of jio in 2018 and so i didn’t gave any importance to grace period 1 and 2 of my BSNL sim. Later it got deactivated on 3rd dec 2018. After that several times i tried to recharge it but it got failed everytime and money was refunded in paytm, google pay, phone pey, etc. I never took any other sim afterwards so it remained in my phone’s sim slot showing connection towers on screen and receiving messages. But outgoing & incoming was blocked. I called customer care several times and they said go to BSNL office for activating it by giving your documents xerox. So finally i reached BSNL csc in nov 2020 and told the guy in office that tower is coming but services are not working. He told me recharge it with 153 and it will be working. I did it and it worked. I told him that customer care on call used to tell me that your sim is dead and there is no other way other than visiting BSNL csc. He laughed and i didn’t had any words so i left.
Mera bsnl ka sim deactivated ho gya hai
9852713569 no hai . Active kaise hoga
Sir Mera nam Suresh keshav bawane Sim kabtak chalu hoga
This is my bsnl number 9493612870 please activate fastly
I ported my number from airtel to BSNL ,Now my bsnl sim is active but unable to make a televerification call its comes like pls check the number…