IMEI number is given to a mobile phone by the manufacturer himself and it is used to sell the mobile phone again. When you buy a mobile phone IMEI gets registered with the company under your name. Now when you need to sell that phone online or you want to exchange the mobile offline in an exchange offer, you can do that with the help of the IMEI number you have on your mobile phone. To check the current cost of your mobile phone online you need to enter the IMEI number. With the help of IMEI number entered by you, the current cost is calculated and displayed on the screen so that you know the exact value you would get when you exchange your old cell phone. The full form of IMEI is International Mobile Station Equipment Industry, It is referred to as a unique number given to every smartphone.
The IMEI number is also useful if you lose your phone or it gets stolen. You are required to mention the IMEI number at the police station and then following the local listed laws police gets your phone blocked so that it can stop accessing networks and even after the sim in the mobile phone has changed the person will not be able to use the mobile phone since it is being blocked with the help of IMEI. IMEI is associated with each sim slot, so if the phone is a dual sim phone then that mobile has two IMEIs provided.
Steps To Check IMEI
- Click on the Settings option available on your mobile phone.
- Scroll the screen down and click the About section available under the Settings Menu.
- Tap on the Status option available.
- After you tap on the Status option, your screen will display the IMEI number of your mobile phone. If you have dual sim phone then both the IMEI number will be displayed on your screen with respective sim slots mentioned, so that you know which slot has which number.
Note: Above mentioned steps are only for android mobile users
IMEI Number USSD Code
- You can opt to dial *06#
- After dialling the mentioned number your IMEI number will be displayed on the screen
Also Read: Best Apps & Websites To Sell Used Clothes Online
Steps To check IMEI For IOS User
- IOS users can go to the Settings option available in their iPhone
- Just scroll down and click on general option
- Click on about phone
- You get to know the IMEI number for your mobile phone.
Check Your IMEI Number From Other Means
When you buy a new mobile phone either online or from a retail shop, you get the mobile packed in a box and a bill is also issued along with it. You can also check the IMEI number of your mobile phone from its box. The box has details related to the manufacturing date, etc. and it also has the IMEI number mentioned.
Also Read: iOS 13 Makes Easy To Share Headphones Audio With A Friend
Checking IMEI number is not a tough job and simple steps can be followed to check the IMEI number of your cell phone. It is needed when you plan to sell your used cell phone or get it exchanged for a new one. This number is also very important for the customers since it may protect your phone and other important data from being misused. You can easily get your phone blocked when lost or stolen. This can be done with the IMEI number.
Also Read: How To Use esim On iPhone XR and XS