You can switch from Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid by following certain specified procedures. All you need to do is visit your nearest Airtel store and get your work done by the shop operator. According to TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), you can switch your postpaid system to prepaid and vice-versa without paying any extra charge, i.e., switching from postpaid to prepaid or prepaid to postpaid is completely free. However, the amount charged by the store operator is not included.
Steps To Switch From Airtel Postpaid To Prepaid
- Visit your nearest Airtel store: Your google map or airtel website will quickly locate you to your nearest Airtel store, follow the map and reach the store.
- Carry all the necessary documents: Certain documents are specified when you need to switch from postpaid to prepaid. You should carry your ID proof (PAN card/ Aadhar card/ Voter ID) and Address proof to the store, these documents are necessary when you need to switch your billing plans.
- Request for the migration form and fill in the necessary details: You can ask for Airtel Postpaid to Prepaid migration form from the Airtel agent and fill in the details correctly. Also, do not forget to state the reason for the conversion.
- Clear your dues:
- Submit the form: After filling the details, submit the form with attached copies of the necessary documents.
- Get your new SIM: Activation of your new prepaid SIM will take at least 5-6 hours, and your old postpaid SIM will have no network coverage during this period.
Also Read: Convert Postpaid To Prepaid In Vodafone
What Are The Benefits Of Switching From Postpaid To Prepaid
- Saves Money: Switching from postpaid to prepaid can save you a good amount of money. This is because you will get aware of various available coupons and offers through which you will be able to recharge in a lesser amount than before.
- Hassle-Free Situation: Airtel prepaid system offers various plans that are specifically designed to suit the needs of its customers. Using the prepaid system, you will be able to get away those hefty monthly bills.
- Provides Recharge Options: In the prepaid system, you will be provided with various plans to choose from. Plus, you will be able to recharge your phone and choose any of the prepaid plans via portal apps, online portals, or your nearby store.
- Better Voice And Data Plans: Airtel prepaid plans enable better voice and data plans and that too for a longer duration based on the tariff plan you chose.
Also Read: Airtel Internet Data Balance Check
Those days are gone when you have to go to your nearest recharge or mobile shop to get your account recharged. Currently, the dedicated apps from various telecom operators as well as multiple avenues, provide for easy as well as quick recharging. However, in the prepaid system, all these recharging options become much easier.