Mostly every one of us likes to take pictures on our phones as it has become very easy to capture memories. As we go on taking pictures the cluster of images is saved in an album and images from different applications are also saved in their respective albums like WhatsApp images, Instagram images, etc. As a result, many unwanted images are also saved in an album for which we usually move the important photos to a different album and delete the remaining unwanted images album. The albums might be which you have created years ago and forgot about it. If your phone is an iPhone you have to follow the below steps to delete an album as it does not give any direct icon to delete.
Delete Album From Photos App
The iPhone’s photos app makes it easy to add, organize and delete albums. From the album editing screen, you can also delete multiple albums at the same time. This method won’t delete your photos that are inside the album when you delete them. So they will be available in the recent album and other albums. Follow the given below steps to delete an album.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Step 2: After opening navigate to the albums tab.
- Step 3: At the top of the page you will find all of your albums in the “My Albums” section.
- Step 4: Tap on the “See All” button which is located on the top right corner.
- Step 5: Now you’ll be able to see a grid of all your albums on the screen.
- Step 6: Then tap on the “Edit” button from the top right corner.
- Step 7: The album editing mode which is similar to the home screen editing mode will get activated where you can drag and drop albums to rearrange them.
- Step 8: Then tap on the red”-“ button found in the top left corner of an album image to delete an album.
- Step 9: Tap on the “Delete Album” pop-up to confirm the action.
- Step 10: Other than “Recents” and “Favourites” albums you can delete any album on your iPhone.
- Step 11: As soon as you confirm the action you will notice that the album will be removed from the “My albums” list.
- Step 12: Follow the same process to delete all the albums.
- Step 13: Tap on the “Done” button to go back to browsing your albums when you are done.
Also Read: Style Your Text: How To Bold Text On iPhone
Delete Photos Album Synced From iTunes
- Step 1: Using a lightning cable or opening iTunes plug your iPhone into your computer.
- Step 2: On the upper left-hand corner of iTunes click on the iPhone icon.
- Step 3: Then select the photos option.
- Step 4: Ensure that you select the circle which is next to “Selected Albums” on iPhone.
- Step 5: Now select those albums which you need on your iPhone.
- Step 6: The album will be deleted on your phone if you deselect it.
- Step 7: Click on the “Apply” button which is on the right-hand corner of the screen when you have finished selecting the albums you want to sync to your iPhone.
- Step 8: Now your iPhone and iTunes are synchronized altogether.
- Step 9: After the syncing is finished click on the “Done” button which is located on the right-hand corner of the screen.
Additional Method: CopyTrans Photo
- Step 1: Download CopyTrans Photo and install it if you don’t have it.
- Step 2: Then launch the program on your iPhone.
- Step 3: Wait for device photos to show up in the left half of the interface after connecting your iPhone.
- Step 4: Using the slider under the left half of the program window scale the photos in the interface.
- Step 5: By dragging the partition between the two zones to the right, expand the borders of the working area.
- Step 6: Then hold “Ctrl” and select the photos one by one which you want to delete or just perform a simple mouse selection.
- Step 7: If you want to make sure that you are selecting the right photo just double click on it but remember that this step can cancel your selection.
- Step 8: Press on delete and confirm the action when it is ready.
- Step 9: Tap on the ‘Apply Changes’ button which is located above the CopyTrans main window.
Step 10: All your albums and photos will be deleted from your iPhone.
As sometimes it’s become necessary to delete unwanted albums on the iPhone due to some reason. Here are the best methods which can help you to delete them in an easy and time-saving way. The mentioned data has been collected from various sites and are verified by our supportive teammates and has proven to be a successful method.