Digitalization has taken the world by storm ever since people have shifted their focus towards the virtual space. This is how blogging and vlogging came into existence. People are so influenced by social media that it has now become a part of their lifestyle. Instagram is the most populated social media that paved the way for trending videos and photos. But what makes these videos and photos stand apart from the crowd? Of course the editing app. All photo editing apps are the major secret behind the filter-perfect photographs that break the internet.
There are ample photo editing apps available that claim to be the best photo editor. However, not every application can be the best. To narrow down your search, we bring you Snapseed, the most promising photo editor. Though it offers multiple features for enhancing photo quality, background editing is the most commonly used among them. This article proposes creative tricks to enhance your photos using the basic yet appealing feature for editing snapseed backgrounds.
Snapseed: An Overview
Snapseed, owned by Google is a well-recognized photo-editing application that complies with filters, background edits, and many more elements to make your photographs look effortless. It’s available for both iOS as well as Android devices. The pioneer of this application, Nik Software initially launched it on an iPad in June 2011. Within no time, the Apple manufacturers recognized that this app as the iPad app of the year. After the successful launch of this version, Snapseed was made available for iPhones and later for Androids as soon as it was handed over to Google.
Unique Features That Sets Snapseed Apart
As said above, Snapseed houses many features. Presenting the best of its tools and filters that will fit right with every photograph. These tools and filters can be automatically or manually adjusted through vertical swipes.
|White Balance||White balance, in general, is the counterbalance of the color gradient of any photograph. It’s the right tool to level up your picture and have those perfect tones.|
|Tune Image||This tool lets the user set the lightning evenly in an image which in results enhances the overall appearance and cancels out the blackness completely.|
|Brush||This tool is responsible for adjusting the exposure, vibrancy, and warmth in an image. It functions just like an ordinary brush but in a virtual mode that can be used by finger touch.|
|Healing||Healing refers to the feature of improvising the pictures by removing unwanted spots from them. Once the removal is done, automatically the color and texture of the removed spots are matched with the rest of the image.|
|Selective||This tool is built out of a U technology that helps in making precise changes in the picture to the specific selected area. It also improves contrast and saturation.|
|HDR Scape||It eliminates the dullness of your image and projects a vivid impression of that professional-looking picture. This filter emphasizes enhancing the sharpness whilst redefining its resolution.|
|Noir||Add artistic effect to your photos with this black-and-white filter, reflecting a cinematic touch. Noir creates magic when aligned perfectly with poise and postures.|
|Glamour Glow||This will draw focus entirely on emitting a soft radiant effect. Glamorous glow filter does what its name suggests, adding shine to your image.|
|Retrolux||A noteworthy feature is newly added to the 2.0 version of Snapseed to give your photographs that bleachy vintage look. This filter will cast a spell of the 90s era with retro light leaks and film styles.|
|Drama||It works wonders when combined with a subtly backlit zone. Drama enhances the image’s strength instantly locking it with aesthetics. Fashion that dreamy look using this filter and it will bring out a dime piece.|
Also Read: PicsArt Blur Background: Master Blur Technique With PicsArt
Edit Snapseed Background Through Two Distinct Techniques
Method 1: Change Snapseed Background Into White
- Step 1: Download Snapseed app on your device from either from the App Store or Play Store.
- Step 2: When you open the app, you will see a pop-up on your screen for allow permissions.
- Step 3: Once it’s done, now browse the picture from your Gallery that you wish to edit.
- Step 4: At the bottom right corner, you will find an icon for ‘Tools’. Click that and your screen will open multiple other options.
- Step 5: Choose the ‘brush’ icon to edit your background into complete white.
- Step 6: At the bottom section, you will see ‘Dodge & Burn.’ Click that.
- Step 7: Next, set the intensity of the brush according to your requirement. You can choose from -10 to 10.
- Step 8: Further, use the ‘Brush’ icon exactly like a normal brush with your finger touch. Be careful while brushing the edges. Move your finger only to the area that you need to edit.
- Step 9: Now, click on the ‘check/tick’ icon present on the right-hand bottom of your screen. This will save your image.
- Step 10: Look for the final touch-up and don’t forget to save the image every time a change is made. And your photograph is successfully edited.
|Did You Know: You can also add Snapseed extension from their official website on Windows or Mac & edit your photos online.|
Method 2: Add Colour To Snapseed Background
- Step 1: Select the background that you want to edit in your picture.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Tools’ icon and select ‘double exposure’.
- Step 3: Now, choose the picture that you wish to add to the selected background.
- Step 4: Next, adjust the selected picture and click on the ‘Drop’ icon.
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Darken’ from the pop-up menu.
- Step 6: Then once again click on ‘Double Exposure’ and brush your fingers on the screen to combine the two images as one. Focus on detail.
- Step 7: Moving on, select the ‘Structure’ icon in the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Step 8: Adjust the feature according to your picture using the ‘+’ & ‘-’ icons.
- Step 9: Sharpen the image according to your convenience.
- Step 10: As a final step, save your picture by tapping the ‘check/tick’ icon.
Also Read: How To Use Photo Filters To Enhance The Quality Of Images
Snapseed is a reliable photo editor you can blindly follow. Also, it has constantly been a first choice for beginners. Snapseed combines all the features required for editing a picture. From basic to professional, it has got all covered under the roof of a single app. Which means no more piling up multiple apps. Of course, this saves our users a lot of time and energy in switching between the apps. But one must also know the right way to use these features to the fullest. This article has covered the finest features of Snapseed along with the guidelines to edit Snapseed background to the best of our knowledge. Now, make your pictures look effortless with just a little effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Which app is better, Snapseed or Adobe Lightroom?
Ans: Snapseed and Adobe Lightroom both are well-known apps for photo editing. Adobe Lightroom offers many professional tools in comparison to Snapseed. However, Adobe Lightroom is a subscription-based app whereas Snapseed has features and tools that can be used without making any payments. Therefore, the one who prefers to use premium tools for editing can go for Adobe Lightroom.
Q: Snapseed displays errors when loading photos. How can I fix it?
Ans: Often, Snapseed issues errors while loading photos. It may be due to restrictions to access photos or Gallery for that matter. To sort this out you simply need to Go to Setting > General > Restrictions and allow permission to the app.