Dating people through dating apps and meeting new people has just become so common amongst the Gen-Z. In today’s date, rather than finding love, nearby people are hovering on dating apps like Bumble, Tinder, Hinge, Aisle which are some of the top dating apps to find new friends, love, or likely-minded people to hang out with. Each dating app is different from one another and one such is Bumble because it prioritises women’s safety and allows women to text first. Even if two people are considered to be a match, it’s the woman who has the power to initiate the conversation. Also, if you didn’t know, the power lady behind the development of this app is a woman, i.e., Whitney Wolf Herd who previously was one of the Co-Founders of Tinder.
The unlimited flock of unique features is what makes Bumble distinct from other dating apps. However certain times users get stuck with some issues like they can’t update their image or change age range on Bumble due to which they don’t get desired matches. Updating the correct age range is very important as then only you can connect with the right people. If by chance you have entered the wrong age range and want to change it then go through the solutions mentioned in this article.
Change Age Range On Bumble: App & Website
You can change the age range on Bumble by simply changing your search filter preferences. This can be done on the Bumble app and the website version so here’s the guide for the same.
Method 1: Bumble Dating App (Android & iOS)
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Hive’ icon which is visible to the left of the profile icon
- Step 2: Choose the ‘Filter’ icon located at the top-right side of the device screen. It will show your search preferences for certain parameters such as gender, distance (applicable in certain regions), and age.
- Step 3: Drag the age-range slider according to your preference. The leftmost circle will let you find your matches of young age whereas the rightmost circle will be applied to the older ones.
- Optional Step: To see the people who are 2 years older or younger than you, toggle the switch ‘See people 2 years either side if I run out’ to the right. It will turn white as you toggle it.
- Step 4: Tap on ‘Apply’. Your age preference details are now saved and you will be displayed potential matches within your age preferences.
Method 2: Access Bumble Via Web Browser
- Step 1: Login into your Bumble account
- Step 2: Tap on your Bumble profile photo
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Settings’ option
- Step 4: Choose your age preference by dragging the slider accordingly. If you are unable to see the option of ‘Age’, tap on the option of ‘Filter’ present on the right panel.
- Step 5: Close the settings by clicking on the icon of ‘X’. You will see the matches according to your age preference now.
Change Age On Bumble Through Facebook & Website
If you’ve recently started using Bumble and wondering why you’re not shown matches according to your preference then you may have entered your wrong age. To fix this issue and get good connections nearby you need to change age on Bumble quickly either via Facebook or through the web version.
Method 1: Through Website
- Step 1: Open the Bumble Official Website on a web browser
- Step 2: Tap on the “Report a technical issue” option
- Step 3: Enter your Full name, Email Address registered with your Bumble account
- Step 4: Select the Bumble Mode and Platform
- Step 5: Tap on the ‘Profile +Photos’ option
- Step 6: State your problem in detail in the message box. Do mention your DOB date and Bumble Member ID
- Step 7: Add a DOB proof in the screenshot. You can add any other details as well in the last message box too
- Step 8: Tap on the “Send Message” option. The “Bumble Support Team” will contact you within a few business days and will fix your issue to change age on Bumble.
Method 2: Through Facebook
If you have created your Bumble account using the Facebook account details then might be that’s the reason for this issue. It could be possible that you have not entered the right age on Facebook and eventually, that’s getting displayed on your Bumble profile. Change your age by following the steps listed below:
- Step 1: You have to first sign in to your Facebook account
- Step 2: Tap on your name and profile picture which will direct you to your Facebook profile page
- Step 3: Tap on About > Contact & Basic Info
- Step 4: Tap on the Edit option which is visible on the right side and enter your right age
|Note: The birth year can be changed only twice on Facebook hence be aware and enter accurate information after confirmation.
7 Top & Amazing Bumble App Features
Bumble is a women-based dating app but with the addition of new features often it has become men’s favourite too. Apart from the paid version the free version also offers multiple features using which people can date, network, make new friends, etc. Below we have jotted down some of the most loved Bumble features.
- Ladies First: As discussed above, Bumble is a safe place for women and only once a woman initiates the conversation the man can send them a message. This feature keeps women away from fraud and creepy men.
- Best Photo Feature: Bumble uses the latest technology to analyse your pictures based on which it selects your top 3 images that can land you with the potential matches.
- AI Photo Scanner: Bumble uses AI to filter vulgar, offensive images. The users are also shown a warning about the particular image with a choice to view it or not.
- Question Answer Round: Bumble has a set of pre-prepared questions in the chat box which acts as an icebreaker. These questions help the matches to know each other better during the initial phase. However, the answer is only shown once both people have shared their opinion
- Profile Photo Verification: Bumble displays a blue check mark beside the verified profiles. You can swipe those profiles that are verified and connect with genuine people only.
- Disappearance of matches: If women don’t connect with their matches within the next 24 hours then they expire and are removed from their profile.
- Send Video Notes: Matches can share short videos and make their conversation more fun. You can also use available Snapchat filters and backgrounds to make your video look cute and aesthetic.
Difference Between Bumble Boost & Bumble Premium
You can access Bumble Date, Bumble BFF, and Bumble Buzz for free but some features are accessible only after you pay for them. If you’re someone who wants to uplift your dating experience on Bumble then you can purchase either Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium depending on your choice. Note that, Bumble Premium is an upgrade to Bumble Boost, and all its features are already available in Bumble Premium so we have highlighted the additional ones.
|You can increase your timeline for more than 24 hours with existing matches
Use the Incognito mode feature to control who can see your profile
|Get access to endless swiping and connect with as many people as you want
Change your location to your next travel destination before your trip and make new connections
|Backtrack or Undo your last swipe which you accidentally rejected
|Find new connections using Advanced filters which filter profiles according to specific filters curated by you
|Use the Spotlight feature to get more than 16+ profile views from the top weekly daters
|You can see how many people have already liked you through the Beeline feature
|SuperSwipe on profiles you find attractive and catch their attention
|Best Bees feature shows you 4 best and most compatible people as per your preferences
Important Dating Apps Tips To Consider
It’s beautiful to meet new people but when you’re meeting a stranger through a dating app, here are a few mindful tips you should surely consider.
- Don’t Share Everything: Avoid sharing your details, anything about your family, workplace, friends, or finances with them. Take one step at a time and know them for the first few months.
- Choose To Meet At Public Places: You should never visit someone’s home or any private place for a date. Meet under the public eye so that you know how they behave. If someone pressures you to meet in private for the first date then disconnect yourself from them.
- Ask Questions: You’re there to know the person so ask your heart out but make sure to stay within your boundaries as you’re new to them.
- Report Offensive, Fraudulent, or Suspicious Activity: If the person crosses the line, or asks for favours then immediately block and report their account. You can also report an account if you think they’re trying to impersonate someone else.
- Talk About Consent: Both partners should communicate well and seek each other’s consent before indulging in casual relationship, Friends With Benefits, or serious relationship in an intimate form.
Bumble is the 2nd most installed dating application worldwide. Its popularity is booming every day but sometimes because of technical issues and not getting likewise matches disappoints people. So far by reading this article, you must have understood that entering the wrong age range and age are one of the prominent reasons which lead to this problem. Henceforth, implement these solutions and increase the chances of connecting and communicating with new people who meet your interests.