After the sudden outbreak of Covid-19, two things were made extremely important by the government, i.e., social distancing & digital or cashless payments. Since then, the majority of the population in India & abroad have relied on online apps for the purpose of making digital payments. If we talk about India, then PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm are three prominent names that are shining bright in this lane. The PhonePe app, which is currently available in 11 diversified languages, has the maximum number of users & transactions on its name.
Now when there’s a discussion about a transaction, then we would like to shed some light on one query, how to delete PhonePe history from the PhonePe. If you’re a PhonePe user, then try this feature if you want to keep some transactions history off the record. You can delete transaction history from this app; but it’ll always be shown in your bank statement if you’ve linked it via PhonpePe.
The emergence of PhonePe (Digital UPI App) in December 2015 made the pathway of digital payments much easier for people in India. It’s used for the purpose of doing online transactions on multiple occasions ranging from shopping, recharge, bill payments (excluding credit card bill payments), fees,gas, merchant payments, etc. The versatile characteristics of the PhonePe app are termed as the major X-factor that helped it reach 100,000,000 million users on the Google Play Store.
The success story of PhonePe, which is funded by Flipkart, is truly remarkable. It received massive funding worth $28 million from Flipkart in 2020 & ever since has worked round the clock to implement significant features in the app which is beneficial & convenient for the users. It’s free and can be accessed via the Play Store or App Store. In addition, what sets PhonePe apart from the other digital payment apps is the PhonePe ATM feature, using which customers can easily access the cash withdrawal feature anytime.
Also Read: Alternatives Of Google Pay For iPhone 6 and iPhone6s Users
Learn How To Delete PhonePe History To Protect Your Privacy
Even though there are advancements in technology & various new techniques that have been launched, there’s no such huge roadmap of methods (except one) using which you can delete your PhonePe transaction history in one go. Whether it’s a chat or transaction history, you have to contact PhonePe Customer Support to get it removed from the app. You can follow the below-mentioned steps & contact the support team to delete the PhonePe transaction history selected by you. The steps are very seamless & are same for the iPhone & Android users, so there’s no hassle behind it.
- Step 1: You have to open the PhonePe app on your Android or iOS device
- Step 2: Next, log in using the registered mobile number, which is linked to your bank account, along with the 4-digit password
- Step 3: Click on the ‘History’ button displayed at the bottom screen area, which will eventually direct you to a specific page that will contain all your PhonePe transaction details in an organized manner
- Step 4: Choose the particular PhonePe transaction which you wish to remove from that list and then tap on the ‘Contact Support’ option
- Step 5: You’ll see an option for chat window on the screen where you need to specify the reason due to why you’re willing to delete the transaction history. If you don’t want to mention the exact scenario in detail, write due to privacy or confidentiality reasons & click on the Send button.
- Step 6: Based on your request, PhonePe will allocate a ‘Query Ticket’ to you
- Step 7: The PhonePe support team will contact you in the next 24 hours for the request verification procedure
- Step 8: Upon request confirmation from your side, it’ll be further marked accepted & that transaction will be completely wiped off from your PhonePe account instantly at that moment
This is the picture of one side because sometimes you can completely delete your PhonePe account from your device rather than deleting a history. If that’s what you’re looking for, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can do it effortlessly in two different ways.
Method 1: Delete PhonePe From Device
- Step 1: First, you have to open the PhonePe on your Android or iOS device & login; if you have been logged out
- Step 2: Click on the ‘?’ icon at the top. A help screen page will appear in front of you
- Step 3: Now, select ‘My Account and KYC’ & then choose ‘Account Related Issues’ from the menu
- Step 4: Go ahead & select the ‘Delete my PhonePe Account’ option
- Step 5: Proceed further by tapping on the ‘Deactivate PhonePe Account’ option & enter your linked mobile number
- Step 6: Continue to delete your PhonePe account by selecting the ‘Issues’ option & choose the reason to delete the PhonePe account
- Step 7 (Optional): If nothing suits your interest, then tap on the ‘Other Issues’ option and state the relevant reason
- Step 8: Lastly, tap on the ‘Send’ option & click on ‘Done’ to mark the final confirmation of deleting your PhonePe account
Also Read: Paytm Provides Free Access For E-Newspapers On App
Method 2: Delete PhonePe From Official Website
- Step 1: Open the official website of PhonePe on your desktop, tablet, or mobile device
- Step 2: Tap on the ‘My Account’ option, available at the bottom area of the screen
- Step 3: You have to now choose ‘Help’ from the Page menu to continue
- Step 4: Choose Other Topics > Account
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Delete’ & select ‘Contact Us’ from the primary menu
- Step 6: Mention the reason for deleting the PhonePe account & it’s done
Delete PhonePe Recharge History By Following These 6 Steps
- Step 1: As usual, you have to open the PhonePe app on your smartphone
- Step 2: Search for the ‘Mobile Recharge’ option by navigating through the PhonePe application
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Mobile Recharge’ option, after which you’ll be redirected to a page that will consist of all the recharge details which you’ve made through the PhonePe app
- Step 4: Choose the recharge details which you want to eliminate from the Phone history
- Step 5: Tap on the three dots just right to that individual recharge details
- Step 6: Click on the ‘Delete Your Recharge History’ option shown on the screen to delete the selected recharge history from the Phone app
Also Read: Google Pay And PhonePe Top Fintech Download Chart In February
PhonePe is used by 350 million people in India and has become the user’s favorite digital payments app, but at certain times there are possibilities when users want to delete this app or the transaction history of a specific timeline from the app. With the help of the methods listed in this article, you can do it without any hindrance & continue using the app. Try deleting one random transaction history from PhonePe & do let us know how it worked out for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Can a chat be deleted from the PhonePe history?
Ans: No, you cannot delete a chat from the PhonePe history. As stated by the experts, you can only delete the transaction history or the entire app from your PhonePe account.
Q) How to cancel a PhonePe transaction immediately?
Ans: It’s not possible to stop a transaction once you’ve initiated it from your side. However, the transaction will automatically get cancelled in case of server error & the amount will not be transferred to the other account. If it succeeds & you want the amount back, then you can get in touch with PhonePe Customer Care at 088/022 (68727374) & they’ll help you with relevant solutions.
Q) How to hide a transaction history on PhonePe?
Ans: You need to get in touch with PhonePe Customer Support to hide the transaction history by raising a ticket. They’ll get in touch with you & will provide you access to the same.