Security concerns on our private things matter a lot. Our photos must need protection from spying eyes that might have access to your phone. Usually, there’s no such method to properly secure your photos but there’s a similar technique that can help you.
There’s a feature of Hidden Photos in your iPhone where you can hide or secure your private photographs. In iOS version 14, you can even hide the folder too. Nonetheless, the hidden photographs are not password protected. You need to apply other methods to hide your private photographs but such procedures will need a third-party application.
In this article, we will be showing you the technique to apply photographs protection using the Notes app that is available on every iPhone. Before that, you need to insert your picture in the notes, and then only you can secure them with a password.
Follow These Methods To Protect Photos On iPhone
- Step 1: Firstly, shift the pictures that you want to secure in your iPhone.
- Step 2: Open the app of Notes and click on the icon of a new note to make a new note.
- Step 3: Type anything on the first line of the new note to mislead the attention of others. The written portion will be visible even after you have secured the app.
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Add Photo’ present in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: Select the option of “choose photo” from the displayed menu.
- Step 6: Select the photos by clicking on the thumbnail of each picture and after selection, tap on the ‘Add’ option.
- Step 7: Your selected photos are inserted by the notes. To secure the note by locking, click on the ‘Ellipsis’ option.
- Step 8: Select ‘Lock’ from the window displayed on the screen.
- Step 9: Type the password if you have already set it. If not, set the password. Notes will tell you to make.
- Step 10: Type the correct password along with the hint. You can also use Face ID to unlock it. Click on ‘Done’ after you have typed each information.
- Step 11: Confirmation of the addition of lock by the notes will come. This has just enabled the settings for the lock. You are required to lock the note for security purposes.
- Step 12: For this, open the application of notes and click on the icon of padlock present in the toolbar.
- Step 13: A Confirmation is displayed ‘This note is locked’. To reconfirm it, click on ‘View Note’.
- Step 14: Type the password that is asked by the Notes. Click ‘OK’.
- Step 15: Now you can see every photo that you have added to the protected note.
- Step 16: Delete the photos from the gallery and recently deleted that you have secured in your notes.
Importance Of Security Level In iPhone
If a note is locked in an iPhone, the extent of encryption is so high that even with the help of forensic tools; it will be difficult for you to extract it out. Though, it’s not at the state-security level. There are a few drawbacks in the notes discovered by a research firm. It can permit a focused attacker with an unrestrained permit to guess the locked note partial content.
These situations are rare to discover, however, there are chances of finding some bugs in the notes that have the potential to compromise the security of the notes. For the general-purpose of privacy, locked notes are protected In such a way that it will prevent snooping. Make sure that your password is not easy to guess by anyone you know.
Here’s a simple way to protect your private photographs on your iPhone. The same method can also be applied to your iPad as well. Don’t create simple passwords to lock the notes and go with the provided instructions step by step. Do not jump directly into the other steps. Go through our website for more tech hacks.