One of the popular social sites that acts as a subsidiary of Facebook i.e. Instagram introduced the feature of Instagram reels on 5th August 2020 in more than 50 countries including India. Instagram reels gained popularity instantly because TikTok got banned at that time. People started preferring reels just like TikTok. Most of us like to get engaged with Instagram reels. There are a few reels that you like and wanted to save in your gallery but you can’t. If you think reels cannot be saved in your gallery, then you are wrong. In this article, we will be discussing a few methods of ‘how to save Instagram reels in gallery’?
Can We Save Instagram Reels In Our Gallery?
Yes, you can save the Instagram reels in your gallery. If you want to download your own Instagram reel in your gallery, then it’s very easy. But if you want to download someone else’s Instagram reels, then you have to work a little harder. Native tools will not help you to download the Instagram reels of someone else. You need to follow some side steps that we will be discussing later in the upcoming sections of this article.
If you have posted any Instagram reel on your account and want to share it on other social media platforms, we have described the steps below that will help you to download your Instagram reel from your account.
- Step 1: After opening your account on Instagram, direct towards the ‘Reels’ tab option.
- Step 2: Search for the reel that you would like to save in your gallery, tap on the reel to see it in full-screen size.
- Step 3: Select the three dots that are present on the bottom right side to see the menu. Click on the ‘Save to Camera Roll’ option. It will save your reel automatically to your gallery.
Method For Downloading Instagram Reels On iPhone
As we have already stated that there’s no built-in feature in Instagram that will let you save and download the reels of other Instagram users. To download the Instagram reels of someone else, here are the steps which you need to follow.
While scrolling the reels section of Instagram, if you liked a video and want to save the reel in your gallery, you can simply record the screen. For screen recording follow the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Step 2: Direct towards the option of ‘Control center’.
- Step 3: Add the option of screen recording in the ‘Included controls’ to easily access it from the control screen.
- Step 4: Open the app, search for the video that you wish to record, and play it.
- Step 5: Swipe down for accessing the control centre and tap on the icon of ‘Screen recording’. Now you can capture the video that you liked. The screen recording will record the audio too. After finishing the recording of the screen, the video will get saved to your gallery automatically. Now you can trim the video as per your need.
If you want to save the video quickly rather than wasting your time in screen recording then you need to opt for a third-party application that will save your video quickly. For example: In case of the iOS, you can go for ‘InSaver’ or ‘InstDown’ applications.
Method For Downloading Instagram Reels On Android
If you want to download any reel from Instagram to your gallery, then you have two solutions that can help you to accomplish this task.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the device screen.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of ‘Screen recording’.
- Step 3: Look out for the reel that you want to save.
- Step 4: Now, tap on the start button of the screen recording, play the reel and let the device save the reel for you.
- Step 5: Go to the gallery of your device, and find the video that you have recorded.
- Step 6: Trim the video as per your need.
The way iOS third-party application helps you to save the video quickly without any fuss of trimming the recorded video, the similar way Android also have some third-party application that can help you to save any Instagram reel with ease such as ‘ETM Video Downloader’, ‘AhaSave Video Downloader’, and ‘Reels Video Downloader for Instagram’.
Method For Downloading Instagram Reels On Desktop
- If you want to colour-correct or edit any reel using heavy-duty software, you are required to download the reel on the desktop computer.
- If you are using a PC or Mac, there are numerous third-party applications that you can use to download a video or you can record the screen.
Making Instagram reels are fun but watching them is more interesting. If you liked any video of someone else and want to save it in your gallery then it’s very simple as we have discussed above. If any of your friends ask you how to save Instagram reels in the gallery, you can help them by sharing this article with them which contains all the guidelines for the same.