Since WhatsApp’s introduction, it has become people’s favourite social media app. The versatility of this app is amazing as it’s embedded with multiple features which makes the job of the user simple & easier. From texting each other through WhatsApp, sending stickers to indulging in a group voice or video calling you can do it all over this spectacular app. As of today’s date, it has 2000 billion active users & has also managed to garner more popularity than Facebook & Instagram in a short period.
The list of endless features WhatsApp offers amazes its users in one go. From protecting messages with end-to-end encryption to allowing users to seeing other’s statuses without notifying them, this app has created a solution to almost every concern. Apart from being a prominent source of communication, it’s also used for sharing pictures, videos, or any type of document with others. However, when you share images over Whatsapp you must have seen that the quality gets degraded due to 98% compression. This results in a poor-quality stickable image which disappoints the receiver.
WhatsApp has a solution for this issue too. So, if you’re someone who’s struggling with the same issue then learn from us how to send photos as documents in WhatsApp in this detailed article. The procedure varies for both Android & iOS devices hence make sure you’re following the right approach for sending the photos.
Method 1: Suitable For Android Users
The methodology to send photos as a document is extremely simple for Android devices. The procedure’s clarity is such that even a kid can perform it without asking for help. If you’re an Android user then follow the steps mentioned below to send mind-blowing & top-quality images to all your known ones.
- Step 1: Your first step would be to download the image which you’re willing to share with the other person
- Step 2: Open the downloaded image and rename it
- Step 3: Navigate through your home screen to open WhatsApp on your device
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘Attachment’ icon shown on the right side of ₹ (payment) icon in the chat box
- Step 5: Choose the ‘Documents’ option and then ‘Browse Other Documents’ to select the image which you wish to share
- Step 6: Select the image & tap on the ‘Send’ option to share it
Once you give a green signal to Step 6 the image gets shared as the document. The receiver can open the image in their phone & rename it. This method holds the actual quality of the images and serves as a major advantage for social media contributors.
Method 2: Applicable for iOS Users
iPhone users have to opt for a different pathway to send images as a document in WhatsApp. Though it doesn’t hamper the quality but still comes with a small disadvantage. If you’re an iOS user then you cannot see the shared image in the message instead you’ll see it under the ‘Sent Document’ section. Follow the below-mentioned steps to initiate this procedure:
- Step 1: You have to select an image from the ‘Photos’ option on your iPhone
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Upload’ option shown in the lower left area of the screen
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Save To Files’ option to save your image in the specific folder which you wish to select
- Step 4: You can either save the image in the particular folder or I Cloud drive
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Add’ option to add the image
- Step 6: You have to now open WhatsApp from your home screen
- Step 7: Go to the contact with whom you wish to share the image & click on the ‘+’ button at the bottom left of the screen
- Step 8: Choose ‘Documents’ from the options shown to you & select the image from the list of documents available on your iPhone
- Step 9: Tap on the ‘Send’ option to send the image. A good quality and uncompressed image gets transferred successfully
Method 3: #1 Hack For Sending WhatsApp Image To Alternate Devices
The probability of sending images as documents to different devices might be possible if someone has purchased a new phone or if both parties use different versions of smartphones. There are cases where users face the hurdle of transferring photos from Android to iOS or iPhone to Android. If you’re also facing a similar scenario then use popular WhatsApp tools such as MobileTrans or Wutsapper to share images from one device to another. The foremost advantage of using these tools is that the images get transferred in their original raw quality from one device to another.
Follow the steps mentioned below to use MobileTrans:
- Step 1: With the help of a USB cable, connect your Android & iOS device to a computer
- Step 2: Now you have to download MobileTrans on your computer system
- Step 3: Choose ‘WhatsApp Transfer’ from the list of options displayed on the screen
- Step 4: Select ‘WhatsApp Feature’ from the sidebar
- Step 5: You have to now choose “Transfer Whatsapp Images’ from the options shown to you on the screen
- Step 6: Check which device is selected as Source & Destination in the tool settings & confirm the same
- Step 7: Tap on ‘Start’ to initiate the transfer procedure. On completion of this image transfer process, you can remove both devices from the PC
Undoubtedly, this is an excellent desktop tool. You’ll be surprised to know that apart from playing a significant role in data transfer from one device to another it’s also responsible for reviving entire crucial data from cloud backups.
|Note: For Windows and Mac the yearly charge ranges around $39.99 (Rs 3227.47) & $49.99 (Rs 4055.02) respectively. In case you didn’t like the tool or its features you can ask for a refund within 7 days as it comes with a money-back guarantee.|
To use Wutsapper carefully follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: First, download the ‘Wutsapper’ -Mutsapper app from the Play Store and then open it
- Step 2: Tap on the “Yes, I have an OTG cable” option once you open the app
- Step 3: You have to now connect your Android device to your iOS device through the help of a USB OTG adapter
- Step 4: Take a complete data backup of your Android device
- Step 5: Tap on the ‘Completed’ option once done with the backup process
- Step 6: Once Wutsapper discovers your backup file you’ll see an option of ‘Yes’ to keep the backup data secured. You have to click on ‘Yes’ to go ahead with this procedure
All the databases which include your contacts, messages, images, videos, audio, and documents will get transferred from your Android device to an iOS device. You have to follow the same procedure if you want to transfer your iPhone data to an Android device.
|Note: Price: $19.95 ($10 off),i.e, Rs 1500 approximately for a yearly subscription. However, initial 50 photos or messages can be sent for free.|
We certainly hope that this article serves as the best guide for you if you wish to send photos as a document in WhatsApp. You can share numerous photos as documents in their original format but always remember that the limit doesn’t go beyond 16MB. It’s the limit allowed by WhatsApp as per their guidelines. Also, do use these methods the next time you’re sending an image to someone & spread this beneficial source of information with other people too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q) Are images sent as documents in WhatsApp secured by end-to-end encryption?
Ans: Yes, the images are also secured by this technique. Everything ranging from messages, photos, videos, contacts, audio, location to any other sort of attachment is confidentiality safeguarded by the end-to-end encryption method implemented by WhatsApp. You can be fully assured while sending photos because all your data is protected according to WhatsApp privacy policies.
Q) How to convert a picture into a PDF document?
Ans: There are different image-converting apps available on Google Website, Play Store, or App Store using which you can quickly modify an image into a PDF document. If you’re an iOS user go for Photos PDF: Scanner Converter whereas Image to PDF: PDF Converter works best for Android users.