Facebook Messenger is a separate standalone messaging app and website. Talking about the Facebook messenger, remember the time when only text messages could be sent after typing and one message could be sent at the cost of one rupee. Messaging has evolved a lot since then till today. Anyone can send and receive pictures, videos, and stickers along with text messages with just one click through the internet. This has been made possible because of instant messaging apps like WhatsApp & Facebook Messenger which have evolved the conversation pace amongst the people.
Facebook Messenger is highly interactive which allows the users to share pictures and videos with their friends, family and other acquaintances. One can also send pictures, videos & other audio files to each other via Facebook Messenger. But did you know that apart from this you can also send Google Docs & PDF files using Facebook Messenger? Well, it’s reality, with the advanced features implemented in Facebook Messenger you can easily share these files with other people. Have a look at the methods mentioned below & learn how to send files in messenger easily on Android & iPhone devices.
Also Read: Steps To Deactivate Facebook Messenger
If you are using the messenger app on your iPhone follow the steps mentioned below to send a document file ( Pdf or Google Docs) to someone else.
- Step 1: Select the ‘Files’ app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on the folder where your document is located on the iPhone. For Example: iCloud
- Step 3: Select and hold the document that you wish to share with the other person.
- Step 4: From the list of options displayed on the screen, tap on the ‘Share’ option.
- Step 5: Choose ‘Messenger’ from the list of shared apps which get displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Choose the ‘Contact’ with whom you wish to share the specific document.
- Step 7: Finally, tap on the ‘Send’ option.
- Step 1: Choose a document that you wish to send to ‘Google Drive’ from your Android smartphone.
- Step 2: From ‘Google Drive’ select the file which you wish to share with the other person.
- Step 3: From the list of displayed options you need to choose the ‘Send a Copy’ option.
- Step 4: Tap on the link-sharing and select the messenger chats icon.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Contact’ with whom you wish to share the document.
- Step 6: Tap on the ‘Send’ option.
On Personal Computer
Using Messenger on a PC is as easy as an apple pie. Here are the steps to send the document file using messenger on a PC.
- Step 1: Log in to your Messenger account on your PC.
- Step 2: Open the conversation of the contact to whom the document has to be sent.
- Step 3: In the bottom left click on the plus icon.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Add Attachment’. This will take you to all the files on your PC.
- Step 5: Select the file that you wish to share and tap on the ‘Open’ option.
- Step 6: You can now tap on the ‘Send’ option once your document is attached to the chat.
Using the Messenger Lite App
Facebook Messenger also has a version of itself by the name ‘Messenger Lite’. It is a 6MB App and has only the important features of the original messenger. You can use this to send document files to your contacts.
- Step 1: Download the Messenger app from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Open the chat of the contact to which you want to send the document file.
- Step 3: Click on the plus symbol and select ‘Files’. Permit the app to access the files on your phone.
- Step 4: Select the file/document that you wish to share. The file will get attached.
- Step 5: Now click on the ‘Send’ option.
Today’s life whether work life or personal life is next to impossible without messaging apps. From sending best wishes messages and congratulatory messages to sending important pdf files and documents messaging apps are musts. Facebook messenger is one such popular instant messaging app that allows you to share pictures, videos and stickers with others & now you can also share documents such as ( Google Docs or PDF) seamlessly