Many iPhone users are facing problems while loading any video or a photo of high resolution. There are a few causes behind the existence of this error. The primary cause for the occurrence of this issue could be a slow internet connection. Another reason that could trigger this issue can be less storage space. If you love to capture memories of every moment, this could result in an ‘Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’ issue. If you want to fix this issue, you need to go through the article in depth for a better understanding.
Method 1: iPhone Storage Check
If your iOS device is denying access to your device gallery or pictures, the first thing you notice is the storage of the device, if it’s filled up with photos and videos. It happens if you have not signed in to your iCloud+. Even if, you are trying to use iCloud to store your pictures, you might have already filled up at least 5GB space of it. If you want to check the storage of your iOS device:
- Step 1: Open the ‘Settings’ application of your device and tap on the option of ‘General’.
- Step 2: You’ll see an option for iPhone Storage. Tap on it.
- Step 3: You can see the storage space at the top of your screen. If you do not have much space, try some tricks to upgrade your iCloud account for enhancing the storage of your device.
|Note: If you clear out the storage of the device, you won’t see the error message ‘ Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’|
Method 2: Force Quit
Crashing of any application has become quite common on smartphones and iPhones are not an exception. At times, the gallery of your iOS device might crash and there’s no such way you could realize that your gallery isn’t working properly. But if you are unable to load any photos on your device, the possible reason could be the temporary issues existing with the gallery. If you force quit and reopen the app, it might fix the error ‘Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’ problem.
Method 3: Switch Off The Data Saver Option
If you turn on the data saver, it will limit the usage of the data on your device which might become the reason for the error ‘Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’ by affecting the downloading of the pictures and syncing of files to iCloud. This feature can also hinder your internet experience. That’s why it is always suggested to switch off the option of data saver so that you can get an assurance that the data saver is not the reason for the error. To switch off the data saver follow the steps mentioned below :
- Step 1: From the ‘Settings’ application of your iOS device, tap on the option of ‘Mobile Data’.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Mobile Data Options’.
- Step 3: Toggle the ‘Low Data Mode’ switch towards the left side to switch it off.
If you are using a Wi-Fi connection switch off the data server by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: After opening the ‘Settings’ application of your device, tap on the option of ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Step 2: Choose your router.
- Step 3: Toggle the switch of ‘Low Power Mode’ towards the left side to turn it off.
Method 4: Turn On Your Mobile Data
If you are receiving an iCloud link to any picture, you should have an internet connection to download it to your device’s local storage. If you have turned on your Wi-Fi and are waiting for a strong Wi-Fi connection, instead turn on your mobile data. To download and sync the pictures from iCloud using mobile data follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Settings’ application of your device and tap on the option of Photos.
- Step 2: Look out for the option of ‘Mobile Data’ and select it.
- Step 3: Toggle the switch of mobile data towards the right side to turn it on.
Method 5: Permit Unlimited Data To Sync
Even though you are allowing the pictures to access cellular data, the data limit it can access to sync the pictures can cause the error ‘ Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’. It occurs rarely but it can be one of the reasons if the cellular data connection is poor. That’s why it’s necessary to remove the limit on iCloud pictures for unleashing the available data to download or upload any iCloud picture. For permitting unlimited data access for the pictures of iCloud follow the steps mentioned below :
- Step 1: From the mobile settings, select the option of ‘Photos’.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of ‘Mobile Data’.
- Step 3: Toggle the switch of ‘Unlimited updates’ towards the right side to turn it on.
- Step 4: Try opening the photos again.
Method 6: Restarting iPhone
When the system faces temporary failures, it might cause loading issues. The gallery of your device might have stopped working appropriately. If you restart your device, it can fix the problem. Along with this, your phone will start afresh and will reset its RAM (Random Access Memory)
Method 7: Switch Off Power Saver Mode
To reduce the battery drainage of your device, you might have turned on the power saver mode. Apple itself says that if you turn on the mode, it might affect the functionality of your device which leads to slow functionality. It temporarily stops the loading of iCloud photos that’s why it’s suggested to switch off the power saving mode to eliminate the loading error.
- Step 1: After opening the settings of your device, select the option of ‘Battery’.
- Step 2: Switch off the toggle button of ‘Low power mode’.
Method 8: Deleting & Recovering Pictures
If you are unable to load a particular picture, maybe the download is incomplete or the picture is broken. If this is the case, delete the picture and recover it from iCloud. For deleting a picture:
- Step 1: Press and hold on to the picture for a few seconds.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of ‘Delete From Library’.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Delete Photo’ option.
For recovering a picture from iCloud follow the steps mentioned below :
- Step 1: Select the option of ‘Album’ present on the right side of the screen.
- Step 2: Look out for the option of ‘Recently deleted’.
- Step 3: Search for the photo that you want to recover.
- Step 4: Long press on the picture and tap on the option of ‘Recover’.
Method 9: Log Out From Your Device & Log In Again
- Step 1: You need to access the settings of your device.
- Step 2: Tap on the banner of ‘Apple Id’.
- Step 3: Choose the ‘Sign out’ option and start following the prompts you see on your device screen. Log in to your Apple ID again by tapping on the same banner of Apple ID. Follow the prompts and after logging in successfully, try to load the photo again.
Method 10: Updating iOS Version
The reason why you are facing loading errors is the obsolete version of iOS that is unable to sync the pictures of iCloud properly. You need to update the iOS version to fix the error ‘Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’ problem.
The above-mentioned solutions are the best possible fixes to resolve the error ‘Unable To Load Photo On The iPhone’. If none of the methods is working, you should contact Apple support to look into your matter to fix it, else keep trying these methods to fix the issue. But before applying any of the methods, it’s better to know the cause for the same.