The popularity gained by YouTube is tremendous. A streaming platform that is used by everyone no matter to which age group they belong to. Every type of content is available these days on YouTube. You can find your study material, your favourite song, a movie, or any favourite show of yours. Not only this, but now you can also watch short funny clips just like you scroll reels on Instagram. Because of the persisting variety in ages of YouTube users, YouTube has to impose a few restrictions while uploading content and in the accessibility of such content. Although YouTube never allows you to upload adult content, still a few videos are tagged as inappropriate for a young age group. Here comes the YouTube policy of age restriction. Although this policy is good sometimes it can be frustrating when you are looking out for a video but get to know that it’s off-limits. To solve this issue quickly, you need to log in to your YouTube account. Nevertheless, if you don’t have a login option, there are other alternatives as well that can help you to sort out a ‘YouTube age verification bypass’ and you can easily watch any video with zero restrictions.
Alternatives To Bypass The Age Verification Process On YouTube
Method 1: Creating YouTube Account
The simplest way to bypass the age verification process on YouTube is by creating a YouTube account using a Google ID that exceeds the age of 18 years. If your Google account has not crossed the age of 18 and you want to view anonymous videos on YouTube without any age restriction, you can simply make another Google account and with that a new YouTube account. You don’t have any limitations in creating as many accounts on YouTube.
- If you live in the US, you don’t need to show any documents for your age verification. Nevertheless, numerous countries have strict rules for creating an inappropriate Google account.
- If you live in Europe or any other region that has restrictions on age while creating a Google account, there you have to prove your real age with any government ID proof. To avoid this problem, sign up by using a US-based IP address that you can get by accessing a VPN.
- If the device that you are using to create a Google account has parental restrictions, try using another device that does not have any parental control.
Method 2: Accessing Proxy Service
Proxy websites redirect a restricted video from another server that does not have any restrictions. If you are worried about your privacy, search for proxy services that can protect your traffic so that no one can find out what you are viewing. This way you can easily watch age-restricted videos.
- Services like StopCensoringMe, ProxySite, NordVPN, etc provide encrypted proxies. Many services are available for free.
- In various cases, you just need to open the proxy website and copy the URL of the YouTube video and paste it into the appropriate text box of the site.
Method 3: Installation of ‘TamperMonkey browser extension and Greasyfork script’
To watch any restricted video on YouTube without signing in, simply install the TamperMonkey extension in Chrome. Afterwards, download the Greasyfork script to bypass the age restriction.
Method 4: Use NSFW
To watch any YouTube video that is restricted due to age, add NSFW before the URL of the video. The address of the video will then look like nsfwyoutube.com. Press enter to search for the video. Nevertheless, if you use this method:
- Your screen will display a few aggressive popups or will try to install Malware on your device. Install security software before you try this method.
- This method will not work for every restricted video. If NSFW does not work out, try ‘listenonrepeat.com’. These methods are not reliable.
Method 5: Download Videos
You can simply download a video using any Downloader. But there are many Downloaders that do not work for a few age-restricted videos on YouTube. Although, we have a couple of options that can work out for you such as a 4K video downloader and an AceThinker Video keeper.
Method 6: Switch Off Content Restriction From The App Itself
You can apply this method only if you are signed in to your account. If you are an 18+ viewer and still unable to watch age-restricted videos, maybe you have turned on the restricted mode of the app. You need to disable it to bypass the age restriction on YouTube.
On Android/ iPhone:
- Step 1: Go to the app and visit your profile.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of Settings and then choose ‘General’.
- Step 3: Turn off the toggle switch next to the restricted mode.
- Step 1: Go to the website of YouTube.
- Step 2: Sign in to your account.
- Step 3: Click on your profile and then ‘Restricted mode’ present at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Activated Restricted Mode’ and then switch off the restricted mode.
YouTube is the safest streaming platform as it never shows videos that have a bad impact on a child’s mental state. But adults might face issues with the age restriction policy and that’s why they look out for the methods for YouTube age verification bypass. We have listed a few ways that you can try to watch any age-restricted video from YouTube but do not disclose these methods in front of a child for their safety and your concern for them.