There are a few features on Instagram that permits the user to engage with some other Instagram accounts with ease. Nevertheless, they might not always work the same as they are supposed to work. If you are facing some trouble while posting your stories on Instagram then you have visited the right website. In the coming sections of this article, we will let you know the answer to your question: Why can’t I post on my Instagram story. Follow the instructions carefully that have been provided to fix the story issues on Instagram.
Check If Instagram is Facing Some Glitches
Before you apply the methods to fix the error, be sure that the issue is not from the Instagram side. You can use ‘DownDetector’ to check if the issue is from your side or not. Around 21% of cases of such glitches have been stated from the side of Instagram. You can also follow the hashtag #instagramdown on Twitter to obtain Instagram updates. Instagram does not have its page on Twitter due to a lack of transparency, that’s why you need to follow this hashtag to know more.
If you are an android user, then you can try to fix the issue of ‘Why can’t I post on my Instagram story’ by clearing the cache of Instagram. Different Androids have different steps to clear the cache of the app. Here, we will be sharing the methods to clear the cache on Google, One plus, and Samsung devices.
On Samsung Device:
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Settings’ of your phone and click on the option of ‘Apps’.
- Step 2: Select ‘Instagram’.
- Step 3: Firstly, click on the option of ‘Force Stop’ and make sure that the app does not run in the background. Now move downwards to select the option of ‘Storage’.
- Step 4: Tap on the option ‘Clear Cache’ & ‘Clear data’ to clear out the data stored by the app.
On Google Pixel Device:
- Step 1: From ‘Settings’, click on ‘Apps & notifications.
- Step 2: Click on ‘See all apps’.
- Step 3: Click on Instagram.
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Force Stop’ and make sure that the app does not run in the background. Click on ‘St orage’.
- Step 5: Tap on the option ‘Clear Cache’ & ‘Clear data’ to clear out the data stored by the app.
On OnePlus Device:
- The steps of the OnePlus device and Google pixel are the same.
- After clearing out the cache, log in to your Instagram account and post anything on the story to check if the issue got fixed or not.
Assure Proper Internet Connection
The most common yet the most ignorable fact is the inappropriate internet connection that causes numerous issues such as facing problems while posting Instagram stories. Your internet can face fluctuations with time especially if your ISP is under service maintenance. This problem is also dependent on the locality. That’s the reason why others aren’t facing the issue like you. In such situations, it’s better to switch off the Wi-Fi Router for approximately 15-20 seconds and again switch it on. If you are traveling somewhere, switch off your cellular data and after waiting for 30 seconds, switch it on. If your device is connected to a public Wi-Fi, connect it to some other network and check if the issue got fixed or not.
This is the most common technique to apply for fixing such issues, especially for app users because they don’t have an option to clear the cache and the data of the app. Different Android users have different methods to close Instagram. On the OnePlus and Google pixel, swipe up from the screen bottom, hold in the middle of the screen, and swipe away the app.
For Samsung Users:
- Step 1: Click on the menu button.
- Step 2: Look out for Instagram and swipe it away for its closure. You can also select the option of ‘Close all apps’. Try to reopen the app and check if it works properly.
Check For Pending App Update
If you haven’t updated the app, then you might face some trouble while posting your stories on Instagram. It’s better to stay updated by updating the app.
If you are an Apple user.
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Apple store’ and click on your profile icon present on the ‘Today’ tab.
- Step 2: Visit the section of ‘Upcoming updates’ and check if there is any pending update on Instagram.
For Android users:
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store and click on the menu.
- Step 2: Click on ‘My apps & Games’.
- Step 3: Check for any pending Instagram updates. If there’s a pending update, click on the option of ‘Update’ to start the installation of the app update.
Technical glitches can never be avoided, be it from your side or the Instagram side. It’s better to stay updated and check out for fixes to resolve such issues. In the above section, we have discussed a lot about why can’t I post on my Instagram story? Try any of the fixes and resolve your issue related to Instagram.