Smartphones these days don’t come up with a removable battery which turns out to be a big concern & it’s the same thing with OnePlus smartphones. To make the smartphone look sleek & stylish OnePlus manufacturers have embedded non-removable batteries in the phone which makes it difficult for the user to change an older degraded battery for a new one without visiting a service center in case of unfavorable circumstances. The battery of the phone’s life is dependent on the number of charge cycles given by the manufacturer. If you think you need to know about your phone’s battery life, the company has made a handy diagnostic app that can give the users a clear view of the battery’s health.
Brief Description : OnePlus Battery Health Status
If we generally talk about the battery lifespan of Android smartphones, the typical lithium-ion battery works perfectly for 2 to 3 years without any further bad performance. But as soon as the charge cycle limit is set by the manufacturer, maybe 300 to 500 cycles, automatically the battery performance gets reduced to 20%. The charging habit of your smartphone decides the battery’s health of the OnePlus device.
Also Read : Display Issues in One Plus 8 Pro (BEST Fix)
Tips & Tricks To Maintain Good Battery Health
- Charge your smartphone fully in a single cycle until it reaches nearly 80% to 85%
- Avoid heating the battery overtime
- Avoid excessive usage of the smartphone for a longer time
- Don’t charge your phone again until it reaches 10% to 15%
- Play games only according to your battery’s capacity on your smartphone as heavy games occupy more memory.
Steps To Check Battery Health
The company has created a diagnostic app that gives information about the smartphone’s battery. The app is known as “OnePlus Diagnostic” & gives complete information about the critical battery parameters including temperature, capacity, charging state, etc. This robust app comes along with the dynamic package ,i.e, com.oneplus.healthcheck which is highly effective.
Use OnePlus Diagnostic App
- Step 1: From the APK Mirror Download the OnePlus Diagnostic App.
- Step 2: Install the application on your device.
- Step 3: In case, it’s prohibited check the ‘Settings’ option & enable the option to download this app.
- Step 4: You’ll now see a simple interface on the device displaying device menu, CPU, memory configuration, record and detect & battery capacity options.
- Step 5: Select ‘Battery Capacity’ from the list of exhibited options on the screen.
- Step 6: Tap on the “View Battery Status” option shown on the screen.
- Step 7: You’ll now see a new interface with multiple advanced options.
|Note: The battery status is not seen in the case of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro although it works for the OnePlus 6.|
The battery status value in the OnePlus Diagnostic app is coded from the “Battery Management System” where this value is reported by a battery fuel gauge IC made by Maxim Integrated. If the value goes below 80 the app reports that the battery is having a very serious issue.
How To Check Whether Your Smartphone Needs Battery Replacement Or Not?
- Step 1: Install ‘OnePlus Care by Servify’ on your device.
- Step 2: Launch the app & enter all the relevant details.
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘My Devices’ option from the visible options on the screen.
- Step 4: Move towards the ‘Battery’ option to check the battery health status of your device.
OnePlus Smartphone Diagnosis
On the top right side corner of the screen, you will see an add (+) icon. Tap on the icon and add your OnePlus smartphone IMEI number given, to diagnose the phone. You have different options available other than battery if you want to diagnose any other components of your phone. Adding your smartphone here will also show you if your phone is under warranty or not. If your battery status is not in a good condition it would be included under the warranty period if you want to have a battery replacement.
However, with the OnePlus devices maintaining good battery health is very simple in today’s generation. Always try to use a dash or wrap charger for safety purposes. Try to keep a spare one while travelling purposes & avoid third party or other chargers. Also, it’s very important to always check your battery health to avoid your phone from bad performance. Hope this article will help you to keep yourself updated with the battery status of your OnePlus smartphone.