Disney Plus won’t load is a common issue reported by PS5 and PS4 users. The users have stated that as they open the app, their screen gets stuck in the welcome window. All they get to see is a blue screen. This problem is annoying not only to PS5 and PS4 users but users of other devices such as Roku, Xbox, Mac, Windows, Firestick, etc. This problem is freezing Disney Plus and the app is lagging and has stopped working. But now there’s no need to worry because we have listed a few ways that can help you to troubleshoot the issue of ‘Disney Plus won’t load’.
Method 1: Restart Disney Plus App
The stuttering behaviour of Disney Plus can be fixed by restarting the app. To restart the app follow the steps mentioned below :
- Step 1: Close the app and remove it from your recently used list as well.
- Step 2: Now reopen Disney Plus on your device and check if there are any glitches while streaming videos on it.
Method 2: Good Internet Connection
If you are facing any issues while streaming videos on Disney Plus, check if the device is connected to the internet and if yes, then check the speed. A poor network connection can cause such issues. To test out the internet connection follow the steps mentioned below :
- Check the signals of the Wi-Fi or cellular data from the icon present at the top of the screen.
- Watch a video from any other streaming app.
If the issue lies in the internet connection, try to reboot the connectivity by restarting the modem or router or putting up the device in airplane mode and then turning off the mode.
Method 3: Disney Plus Status Check
If Disney Plus is not online i.e. if it’s not operational, then none of the methods will work out. To track the status of the app, you can download ‘Downdetector’. This app can detect the network status page of Disney Plus and can tell you if the issue lies from their side or yours.
Method 4: Fixing Error Codes Of Disney Plus
At times, Disney Plus itself gives you a hint regarding the reason behind the issue ‘Disney Plus won’t load’. It can help you to fix the error. Usually, such errors are cryptic but it’s well said: “something is better than nothing”. To fix the error code:
- Error code 24/43: This error code indicates a poor network connection. You can fix this error code by connecting your device to a strong internet connection source or by applying method 2 described above.
- Error code 73: If you see this error code on your screen, it means that you are trying to watch the video from some other region or country that is restricted by the app. If you are not deliberately trying to access such content, check the modem or router and reboot it. If you have allowed a VPN to run, switch it off immediately.
- Error code 83: It persists when the app is not compatible with the device on which you are trying to access it. Always make sure that you are using a reliable & compatible device. If yes, restart your device and run the app again. Check for the device and app updates as well. If the problem is not getting fixed, use Disney Plus on some other device.
Method 5: Disney Plus Availability In Your Locality
While travelling, if the app doesn’t work appropriately, the possibility could be the unavailability of the streaming service. Check if the services of Disney Plus are available in that area from Google. If not, use VPN and set the region where you can access the service else wait until you reach home.
Method 6: Check If Network Administrator Is Blocking The App
At times, the organization or people can restrict content on their Wi-Fi. For example, network administrators at your workplace, college, library, etc. can restrict Disney Plus access when you access their Wi-Fi. To overcome this problem, use cellular data instead of Wi-Fi if you are watching it on your phone. If you want to watch it on your PC, connect your phone”s personal hotspot to the PC and then binge-watch on Disney Plus Hotstar.
Also Read: Guide To Fix HBO Max App Not Working Issue
Method 7: Update Disney Plus
If you are accessing Disney Plus on your phone be it iOS or Android, make sure you are accessing the latest version. The bugs can create issues like ‘Disney Plus won’t load’ and all you need to do to fix the issue is by updating it. To update Disney Plus follow the steps mentioned below :
For Android users:
- Step 1: After opening Google Play Store, click on your profile.
- Step 2: Go to the option of ‘Manage Apps and Device’.
- Step 3: From the list of ‘Updates available‘, hit the update button present next to Disney Plus.
For iOS users:
- Step 1: As you open the App Store, click on your profile.
- Step 2: Search Disney Plus from the available list of updates and tap on the update button for installing the latest version.
Method 8: Cache Removal
If none of the methods is working out, the possible reason for the issue of ‘Disney Plus won’t load’ can be the corrupted files and cache of the app.
To clear the cache on Android devices follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Add Disney Plus on the device home screen.
- Step 2: Hold on to the app and tap on the option of ‘App info’.
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Storage tab’.
- Step 4: Choose the ‘Clear Cache’ option & restart your device to fix the problem.
Method 9: Remove Browser Cache
If you are watching Disney Plus on a Web browser, a cache might interfere in the middle of streaming. Therefore, it’s necessary to remove the cache of the browser just like you clear the cache of the app.
Any interference in the middle of streaming any favourite movie or show is annoying but what’s more annoying is when the app itself isn’t working. Issues like ‘Disney Plus won’t load’ is one such prevalent issues that can be fixed if you follow the guidelines that we have discussed in our article. These methods will surely help you to overcome the issue.