2020 was tough for Snapchat but the determination of the company saved their reputation in the market of social apps. From the list of new features, the feature of creating a public profile is now trending because many social influencers are using Snapchat to post their content and are trying to become famous. Any one of you can make a general public profile on Snapchat and post content daily but that account should be at least a few months old. To achieve ‘Tier 2’ on your public profile, you must have at least 5000 subscribers, and to apply for the profile you have to visit a site on Google where you’ll get a Google form.
If you have a keen interest in making a public profile to attain some popularity in today’s era, here are the easy-to-go steps that will help you to create a public profile on Snapchat.
How Do You Describe A Public Profile On Snapchat?
A profile that lets you interact with a wide range of audiences. You can add the information that you want the public to see and know about you. It comprises a picture, description, and a bio. This profile can be somewhat different from your normal public profile depending upon your thoughts of interest.
You can even share some stories on your profile along with lenses. If the audience wants to know about you, they can subscribe to your profile. If you want to show the number of audiences that are following you, you can easily show that too in your profile.
Requirements To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
Earlier, the chance of making a public profile was only with the verified creators. But now Snapchat has eradicated this restriction for their users. The minimum requirements for making a public profile on Snapchat are:
- Your minimum age should be 18 years.
- Snapchat account should be created 24 hours ago.
- There should be at least one bidirectional friend i.e. both of you should have accepted each other.
- You must follow all the community guidelines of Snapchat.
The feature of creating a public profile by any Snapchat user is a few months old and only a few of them know about it. If the feature of creating a public profile is currently unavailable in your region, you need to wait for some time. If it gets displayed in your app, firstly make a ‘Tier 1’ public profile with your existing profile. Go through the steps mentioned below if you wish to make a public profile.
Making Tier 1 (Public Profile) With The Existing Profile
- Step 1: Go to Snapchat and open your profile by clicking the profile icon present at the top left side of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Gear’ icon present on the top right corner of your screen and scroll down to select the option of ‘Who can’.
- Step 3: In the menu of ‘Who can’, make a few changes such as:
- Contact me: Everyone
- Send me Notifications: Everyone
- View my story: Everyone
- See my location: Everyone
- Use my cameo selfies: Everyone
- Step 4: Exit from the app after making the changes mentioned in the previous step and open it again. Now you have successfully created a public profile and anyone can contact you after seeing you in their suggestions.
Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- Step 1: Now that you have opened Snapchat again after making certain changes in your profile, an option of ‘Add to Snap Map’ will be displayed under the option of ‘Add to my Story’.
- Step 2: Select the three dots that are present just beside the option of ‘Add to Snap Map’ and select the option of ‘Create Public Profile’ after the next screen displays.
- Step 3: Snapchat will give you concise information about the public profile.
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Continue’ present at the screen bottom to move ahead.
- Step 5: Select ‘Get started’ on the present screen and a pop-up message will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Confirm your public profile by clicking on the option of ‘Create’ present in the pop-up notification.
- Step 7: Now you will see the ‘Settings’ option on your screen where a new menu of the name ‘My Public Profile’ appears. Click on the menu, to begin with, the new ‘Tier 1’ public profile.
Creating a public profile is not so difficult. You just need to follow the given instructions carefully and BOOM it’s done! You have successfully created a Public profile on Snapchat. Now your posted content can be seen and liked by anyone, they can be your known or any unknown. If they like your posted content, they can follow you and might bring your ‘Tier 1’ public profile to ‘Tier 2’. You can also visit our site regularly to know more about recent trends to stay updated.