If you are facing any issues regarding restoration and iPhone update, opting for ‘iPhone X Recovery Mode’ is the best method to tackle them. If you are stuck with an issue related to any application or software, you just simply restart your phone. But if your iPhone is facing some serious issues like getting stuck in the restart loop while updating your iPhone or if your iPhone fails to get restored or your screen got stuck with the logo of Apple, you are required to enter recovery mode for solving these problems. While entering your iPhone into recovery mode, there’s a need to connect your phone with your PC and then you can restore it by using iTunes. Some of you may want to put your iPhones in recovery mode without involving the computer. Well, even this is possible. In this article, we will be sharing every possible way through which you can put your iPhone into recovery mode.
Enter Recovery Mode [Without PC]
Firstly, there is a need to know why we generally use computers to enter recovery mode. The answer to this question is that we need to restore the iPhone using iTunes after you enter recovery mode. You can enter recovery mode without using a computer but you won’t be able to restore your iPhone without the help of a computer. Now you must have understood the importance of computer, so let’s get started with the procedure now:
- Step 1: Firstly, backup your device using iTunes and then switch it off.
- Step 2: Put the device in recovery mode:
1. iPhone 8/X/XS/XR: Press and discharge the volume up button at first and then the same goes for the volume down button. Now press and hold on to the power button until you see the recovery screen.
2. iPhone 7/7 Plus: Simultaneously press and hold on to the volume down button and power button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
3. iPhone 6 and Earlier: Simultaneously press and hold on to the home button and power button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- Step 3: Recovery mode appears on your phone’s screen.
After you put your iPhone into recovery mode, it’s not a phone anymore, just an expensive brick that needs a computer to restore using iTunes.
Restore iPhone Using iTunes
Follow the basic steps mentioned below to restore your iPhone:
- Step 1: Using USB cables, connect your iPhone with your PC. After this, open iTunes on your device.
- Step 2: After the detection of your iPhone by iTunes, a notice will pop up below.
- Step 3: If you have already put your device to back up the process with the help of iTunes, you just need to click on the option of ‘Restore’ to start.
- Step 4: iTunes will restore your device along with the backup data. It will take 10-30 minutes, till then keep patience and wait for the process to complete.
Fix iPhone When Stuck In Recovery Mode
If your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, you can fix the problem using any of the mentioned methods described below:
Method 1: PhoneRescue
At times, your iPhone might get stuck in recovery mode. If you’ll exit from it by using iTunes, you need to erase all of your iPhone content along with the settings and then restore it with the backup of iTunes.
What will happen if you forget to backup your iPhone with iTunes regularly? To get rid of this problem, we suggest you use PhoneRescue for iOS. It is a tool for the recovery of your iOS system and an iPhone. You can easily exit iPhone recovery mode with a few clicks without erasing your data. PhoneRescue operation is very simple to perform, just go along with the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: After downloading PhoneRescue, open it on your PC, select ‘Device rescuer’ and then ‘Repair iOS System’.
- Step 2: Now you have to connect your device with your PC and wait until the phone Rescue detects your device.
- Step 3: Select the repair mode and then click on ‘the right arrow’ for the continuation of the process. Now you have to go along with the instructions to enter the recovery mode.
- Step 4: Check the information of your device and download ‘Repair firmware’. After the download gets finished, wait for PhoneRescue for iOS to repair your device.
Method 2: AnyFix
This is the second-best method to solve the issue of the iPhone being stuck in recovery mode. This complete software can solve around 130+ iOS/ iPad IOS/ tvOS issues that include iPad/ iPhone stuck in recovery mode, even when the Apple Tv or iPod faces the same issue. AnyFix will help you even when you aren’t able to enter your iPhone in recovery mode during the update of iOS. It will not erase any sort of data. Follow the below mentioned steps if you are interested to apply this method using AnyFix.
- Step 1: Download the latest version of ‘AnyFix’ and open it on your computer. An interface will be displayed, click on ‘System Repair’.
- Step 2: Click on the option of ’50+ iPhone problems’ and then ‘Start now’. If the problem is with your iPad, select the option of ’40+ iPad problems’ and continue further.
- Step 3: Choose ‘Standard repair’ that can easily sort out the most general issues of the system without any data loss. Afterwards, click on the button of ‘download’ to get the firmware that matches exactly. Now select the option of ‘Fix now’ after the firmware gets downloaded successfully.
- Step 4: Now AnyFix will begin the process of repairing on its own. After the process is completed, a page of ‘Repair Completed’ will be displayed on the screen. Now your device will restart and will be back to normal.
We are done with all the possible methods to put your device in recovery mode and repair it if it gets stuck in the mode. The process that does not include the use of a computer to enter recovery mode is not the proper method that you should apply. You need a computer to restore your device using iTunes. Just go with the instructions to avoid any confusion & let us know if it worked out for you.