Despite fierce competition with Samsung Galaxy Watch and Fitbit Versa, Apple Watch has a market share of about 50% and is still the most popular smartwatch. Apple Watch has the finest hardware, coupled with its tight integration into the Apple ecosystem. Since the introduction of the Apple Watch in 2015, the Force Touch has become a staple of smartwatches. Unfortunately, the Force Touch feature has been removed by Apple with the introduction of watch OS 7.
In this article, we have provided some quick shortcuts to common actions such as clearing notifications and options for creating or modifying watch faces in relevance with apple watch force touch feature.
What Is Force Touch?
Force Touch is a technology that allows you to distinguish between a light press and a hard press on a trackpad and touch screen. Use the pressure sensor to add another input method to other supported iDevices such as Apple Watch and iPhone.
How Does Force Touch Work?
Force Touch technology provides instant access to frequently used actions through, light or hard press gestures. For example, you can tap the app icon to access information related to weather, play songs, or jump to settings from the home screen.
Also Read : Apple Watch Won’t Turn On (TOP 7 Solutions)
What Can Be Done With Force Touch?
As mentioned above, you can do several things with Force Touch. You can create new messages, get an overview of your weekly activities, stream music, and more.
Force Touch For Notifications
On your Apple Watch if all the notifications are piling up then you can use Force Touch to clear them all.
- Step 1: Go to the notifications.
- Step 2: Press on the downside of your screen.
- Step 3: Then tap on the “Clear All” option. Hence, all your notifications will be cleared instantly.
Also Read : Systematic Approach For Apple Watch Series 5 Teardown
Creating & Managing Apple Watch Faces
You can delete the watch faces which you don’t want as well as you can create or customize new Apple Watch faces using Force Touch too.
- Step 1: Press down on the screen from your current Watch Face.
- Step 2: You will find an option to adjust the settings on the current face or pick a new one after the menu is opened on the screen.
- Step 3: To change your current settings tap on customize or swipe left and tap on the plus sign to pick a new face.
- Step 4: If you want to create a watch face from a photo, then open photos on your Apple Watch.
- Step 5: Choose the picture you want to use and then press on it
- Step 6: Then tap on the ‘Create Watch Face’ and then tap either ‘Photo Face’ or on a ‘Kaleidoscope Face’.
- Step 7: The Kaleidoscope face will help you to turn the Digital Crown to create various effects based on the photo you selected of your choice.
- Step 8: If you want to delete Apple Watch faces then press on the display to pull up the selection and customization screen from the current face.
- Step 9: Then swipe left to the watch face that you want to delete & tap on ‘Remove’ to clear the unwanted face.
Also Read : Methods To Charge Apple Pencil 2 | Battery Percentage Check
Maps Using Force Touch
- Step 1: Using a touch you have to switch the option standard map or transit map from your map screen.
- Step 2: Now by using the search option browse the businesses which are nearby and search for specific places using either the vibration or scribble option.
- Step 3: Check for the contact’s addresses of your phone’s contact list if they are saved on your phone
- Step 4: If you do not need the help of the force touch anymore, you can just end it with a single tap and can stop the stepwise instructions.
Force Touch In Clock App
iOS Clock app has been broken into four iterations by the Apple Watch: World Clock, Alarm, Timer, and Stopwatch. Force touch plays several functions in most of them.
- Step 1: To remove the city you have to press on the watch display with a city open in your world clock.
- Step 2: You can add the new alert by going into the alarms section.
- Step 3: Now you are allowed to choose between the four multiple displays present over there.
Force Touch In Mails & Messages
Force touch allows you with some options if you are a reader of emails and messages on your Apple Watch.
- Step 1: Open the message and press on the options reply, flag, trash, archive, or mark as unread.
- Step 2: By pressing the screen and then tapping on a new message you can create a new email from your inbox.
- Step 3: Use Force touch to reply with a message thread open and you can see the details of the contact and can send your location to your friend.
Also Read : Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo (4 BEST Fix)
Force Touch In Reminder
You can look at everything on a reminder from your Apple Watch if you keep a to-do list in the iPhone’s reminder app. By using Force Touch you can choose whether to show or hide the items you have crossed off. To do this, press on the screen and tap on the hide or show reminders to change the settings section.
This article gives you the information and steps to use Force Touch on your Apple watch if you are having this feature on it. Although Apple has removed this Force Touch option in WatchOS7 and has not yet provided any official reason for it still users with other Apple Watch models have access to this feature & can use it effortlessly.