Are you a Twitter user? If yes, then you must have heard about pinning a tweet on your profile on Twitter. If you pin a tweet, it stays at the top of the timeline. If somebody visits your Twitter profile, that person will first see the tweet that you have pinned followed by the other tweets and retweets.
It is very easy to pin a tweet. You have to click on the three-dot menu that is present beside the tweet and choose the option of ‘Pin to Profile’. Now you can see the specific tweet at the top of the timeline.
Have you ever wished to pin the tweet of others or any frequent tweet that is important for you? There is no direct option on Twitter for this, but if you apply some methods, you can easily pin any tweet. In this article, we’ll be describing some methods that will help you to pin any tweet, either yours or of some other user on Twitter.
Simple Method To Pin A Tweet
- Step 1: Go to your Twitter account.
- Step 2: Search for the tweet that you want to pin.
- Step 3: Tap on the drop-down menu present in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Select the’ Pin to your Profile Page’ option.
- Step 5: You have pinned the tweet on your profile successfully.
Method For Pinning Someone Else Tweet
- Step 1: Go to the profile of the person, whose tweet you want to pin.
- Step 2: Find out the tweet that you have to pin.
- Step 3: Either choose the inverted triangle or select the dropdown menu present in the top right corner of the particular tweet.
- Step 4: Select the option of ‘Embed Tweet’.
- Step 5: Clear the check box of ‘Include Media’ in the next popup display.
Step 6: Move down for getting the raw text of the tweet. You have to copy the text including the URL of pic.twitter.com, if that specific tweet includes any picture too.
- Step 7: Visit your profile and tweet the content that you copied.
- Step 8: Follow method 1 to pin the copied tweet.
- Step 9: Always remember to give the due credits to the owner of the tweet and cross verify if he/she is permitting you to retweet or not.
- Step 10: You have pinned someone else’s tweets with ease.
Simple Procedure Of Pinning Any Retweet
- Step 1: Select the retweet that you wish to pin.
- Step 2: Select the symbol of ‘Ellipsis’ present on the right side.
- Step 3: Choose ‘Embed’.
- Step 4: You have to copy the text including the URL of pic.twitter.com if that specific tweet includes any picture too on the recent overlay.
- Step 5: Now tweet the content that you copied and follow Method 1 to pin the tweet.
- Step 6: Pinning a retweet is completely different from pinning a normal tweet because there is no such feature on Twitter.
- Step 7: Provide the due credits of the retweet.
- Step 8: You have pinned the retweet victoriously.
Method For Pinning A Tweet On Mobile App (in iPhone and Android)
- Step 1: If you are unable to see the feature of ‘Pin a Tweet’, update your app.
- Step 2: Look out for the tweet that you wish to pin.
- Step 3: Tap on the sign of ‘Ellipsis’ and choose the ‘Pin to my Profile Page’ option.
- Step 4: By using the mobile application, you have pinned the tweet successfully.
Among numerous features, pinning a tweet is the best of all. It highlights the tweet that you want to show to the audience. To pin any tweet, you have to follow a few steps mentioned in this article and it’s done. Try any of the methods to pin any tweet on your profile page.