One gets to connect with different types of people on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Out of all the people, they vibe with some and there are few people with whom they don’t feel like interacting further. It’s then they choose to unfollow, unfriend, or block the other person from their friend list. So when a person removes you from their friend list your followers count decreases leading to a decrease in likes and comments on your posts too. If this scenario is happening with you and you want to see if someone is not following you on Facebook then this article is the right place for you.
Why Do People Follow Or Unfollow Each Other On Facebook?
Facebook (Meta) has been ruling the social media industry for 15+ years and with time has garnered 2.98 billion active users on the platform till now. Every day many people join Facebook, add friends, and have meaningful conversations with them. However, when someone doesn’t like how a person interacts with them then they choose to unfollow them on Facebook. Though there are multiple reasons due why people unfollow each other on Facebook but we have described the top 3 below.
- Excessive Posting: We agree that social media is made for sharing daily life updates but that does not mean that you continue to post every hour. Imagine someone opening their Facebook account and seeing your post every time. This can be quite irritating for them and that’s the reason you got unfollowed on Facebook.
- Leaving Hate & Negative Comments: See if someone is not following you on Facebook then you might have left a comment on their posts that hurt their sentiments. People generally remove such individuals from their friend lists to stay from negativity. If you’ve been constantly trolling others just for fun then it’s obvious they’ll unfollow you on Facebook for putting a halt on such practices.
- Less or No Interaction: Some people like to keep their friend list short and tend to remove those with whom they barely interact on Facebook. One does it to protect their privacy by adding only trusted or known ones to their Facebook friend list. If you create a Facebook account
How Unfriend, Unfollow & Block Are Different?
We can’t count on any one specific reason due to which people unfollow each other on social media platforms. We have discussed some above but there are many more and some are mostly personal. Whenever a conversation doesn’t go right one or the other person deletes the other from their friend list. Now there are multiple ways to remove a person and all are different.
- Unfriend: If someone has unfriended you on Facebook then you won’t be able to see their posts nor they can see anything posted by you. Some people also lock their Facebook profile for strong privacy so that others don’t get to know about their whereabouts. Apart from this, the message sent by the unfriended person goes into the message request rather than a normal message.
- Unfollow: It’s different from unfriending a person on Facebook. If someone unfollowed you on Facebook then you won’t have access to seeing their posts except messaging them. However, your message will get diverted to message requests and not to usual messages. Also, they can’t see your posts but you can still see their posts.
- Block: Blocking someone means you’re prohibiting them from contacting you through any means and don’t want to be in touch with them. If someone has blocked you on Facebook then you can’t send friend requests again, nor can message them or see their Facebook posts.
Methods To See If Someone Is Not Following On Facebook
Though we have access to the best technologies and applications, still there’s no such legitimate tool launched that can reveal the exact details of who has unfollowed you on Facebook. There are plenty of third-party applications in the market but they extract personal data hence it’s better to avoid them. If you’re a budding influencer or have more than 10k followers on social media then you can use Hubspot, Sprout Social to get an analytical report of your followers and unfollowers count. Again here, you won’t get the names of the person who has unfollowed you except the number count of how many people unfollowed you. In case, you have fewer followers on Facebook and see a decrease then you can opt for the manual method which we have mentioned below.
A simple method that is effective for people with less followers. You just need to remember the name of the person to see who unfollowed you on Facebook.
- Step 1: At first, login into your Facebook account
- Step 2: Tap on three horizontal dots displayed at the upper right screen area
- Step 3: Click on ‘See your profile’. This will be mentioned below your name
- Step 4: Under Details you can see how many people follow you on Facebook. It’ll be denoted as (Followed by xyz people). Xyz is the number of people who follow you on Facebook
- Step 5: Tap on it and your follower list will open on your screen. Go through the list to find who has unfollowed you on Facebook. If that person’s name is not in the followers list then they have unfollowed you
Through Web Extension Tool
If you don’t have enough time or tried the manual method but found it too consuming then you can try this web extension tool which makes this procedure a bit easier. One such extension is ‘Who Deleted Me- Unfriend Finder’ which is used by the majority of Facebook users and is also considered to be authentic in comparison to external third-party applications.
- Step 1: Open Google Browser and type ‘Who Deleted Me – Unfriend Finder’ in the search bar
- Step 2: Tap on ‘Who Deleted Me- Unfriend Finder’ once it gets displayed in the first place on the new page
- Step 3: Tap on Add to Chrome to add the extension to your PC, laptop tablet
- Step 4: After adding it to Chrome you have to login into your Facebook account using your registered email and password
- Step 5: Once done, you can now check who has unfollowed you on Facebook and will also be notified about it regularly
7 Easy Steps To Unfollow Someone On Facebook
Now once you know who has unfollowed you on Facebook, you will also wish to unfollow them. The procedure to unfollow a person on Facebook is straightforward and gets done in seconds. Below we have mentioned the step-by-step guide regarding the same.
- Step 1: Tap on the Facebook icon on your device
- Step 2: Login into your Facebook account if you’re not logged in
- Step 3: Go to Menu and tap on the ‘Friends’ option visible under All Shortcuts
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Your Friends’ option
- Step 5: In the search bar, type the name of the person whom you wish to unfollow
- Step 6: Tap on three horizontal dots displayed to the right of their name
- Step 7: Lastly, click on ‘Unfollow (Person’s Name) to unfollow them on Facebook
Facebook is an all-rounder social media platform where one can post, interact, build a community, and even buy or sell their products on the Facebook marketplace. You get to know people from different countries but if sometimes things don’t go well between two people then they choose to unfollow, unfriend or block each other. The major benefit or you can also say it’s a con is that you never get notified if someone unfollowed you on Facebook or if you unfollow them. This information is kept completely discreet by Facebook and you never receive a notification about it until that particular person verbally confirms it to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Can unfollowed friends message me?
Ans: Your unfollowed friends can message you as before even after you unfollow them on Facebook. However, if you have unfriended someone on Facebook then the message sent by you will be received in a message request and not in normal messages.
Q) Can I see my friend’s posts after unfollowing them?
Ans: As you have unfollowed your friend on Facebook hence you can’t see their posts, videos, or stories on Facebook. Although, your friend can see what you post on Facebook.