Spotify, is the millennials favorite music streaming app currently. It’s available on all devices, this music and podcast streaming app surely has amazing bunch of features, providing the user with quality music time. From downloading music hassle-free ,using the app offline, creating your own mood-based playlists to the sing-along feature, Spotify has it all. However, the part that has helped the widespread availability of the app is that Spotify platform can be used without downloading too. You heard it correctly, There is no need to download and use up your storage space. You can use Spotify web player in browser and tune into your favourite songs.
This web-based player gives you the same access to Spotify as the app, and the user interface is kept almost the same. If you are using your own laptop or desktop, you can always use the app version, but in case you want to save some space or are using someone else’s device and desire to have music time, Spotify web player is the most convenient solution. In this article, we come up with all the prior knowledge you would want to have to swiftly use Spotify web player in a browser.
Short Snippet: Spotify Web Player
Spotify web player is a web-based version of the Spotify app. The user interface is kept the same as the desktop app with the same features where the user can quickly build and manage playlists, listen to saved and favorite songs and radio stations, and follow artists and friends. The web browser also controls Spotify playback on all other devices such as smartphones or tablets. A good internet connection, a well-updated web browser, and a Spotify account is all the user needs to get started.
Steps To Access Spotify Web Version
- Step 1: Open your available browser and go to Spotify web page.
- Step 2: In the Spotify browse page, tap on Login/ Signup ( create an account if you already don’t have one) in the upper right corner.
- Step 3: To log in, type out your username and password or select from the options given like Login with phone number or Login with Facebook. After logging in, the Spotify Homepage will appear and you will find it similar to the app.
Basics To Navigate Through Spotify Web Player
Now that you are logged into the site, it’s easy to navigate through all the features of Spotify. The icons are self-explanatory and a few workarounds will let you listen to your favorite music in no time.
- The upper left-side corner has the “Search” bar which lets you type out your required songs by their names or their artists, and from the results, you can select your song.
- Then under the Search bar comes the “Library” section which contains all of your liked, saved, and downloaded songs. It also has all the playlists and frequently played songs in one place.
- The bottom bar shows the song that is “Currently Playing” with, the volume increase, or decrease options.
- There is another feature in the bottom right corner which is “Connect to Device”. This option allows the user to connect their Spotify to another device like a phone or tablet and control it.
- The home page also offers suggestions for music according to your taste and search history.
- Also, there is this “Sing-along” feature that allows the user to sing the currently playing song as they present the lyrics of the song and they are synced with the song.
- Additionally, hotkeys are also available to control Spotify right from the keyboard. These combination keys make using Spotify web player in a browser much easier.
Spotify offers a range of hotkeys to enhance your music listening experience on both its desktop and web versions. These keyboard shortcuts provide convenient ways to control your music. Remember that the specific hotkeys may slightly differ depending on your operating system and Spotify version.
General Playback Controls
- Play/Pause: Spacebar or K
- Next Track: Ctrl + Right arrow or Command + Right arrow (on macOS)
- Previous Track: Ctrl + Left arrow or Command + Left arrow (on macOS)
- Volume Up: Ctrl + Up arrow or Command + Up arrow (on macOS)
- Volume Down: Ctrl + Down arrow or Command + Down arrow (on macOS)
- Mute/Unmute: Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow or Command + Shift + Down arrow (on macOS)
- Search: Ctrl + L or Command + L (on macOS)
- Home: Ctrl + Home
- Your Library: Ctrl + Shift + H or Command + Option + H (on macOS)
- Browse: Ctrl + B or Command + B (on macOS)
- Radio: Ctrl + R or Command + R (on macOS)
- Play Queue: Ctrl + U or Command + U (on macOS)
- Create Playlist: Ctrl + N or Command + N (on macOS)
Playback Control with Function Keys (On Windows)
- F6: Focus the search bar
- F7: Skip to the previous track
- F8: Play/Pause
- F9: Skip to the next track
- F10: Mute
- F11: Decrease volume
- F12: Increase volume
|Note: While you are in the Spotify web player press the combination of Ctrl+? Or Ctrl+/ for Windows and Shift+? Or Shift+/ for Mac. On pressing these combination.|
Use Spotify Web Player Directly From Desktop
Yes, Spotify web player can easily be downloaded and directly accessed from the desktop or taskbar. The user has to create a shortcut to the site and the steps are given below:
- Step 1: Navigate your mouse to the three dots in the upper right corner which is the Google Chrome settings menu.
- Step 2: Find and tap on the More Tools option.
- Step 3: In the pop-up window, check beside Open as Window and click on the Create button.
Spotify Web Player Not Working? Quick Fixes
Sometimes, users may face the problem of the Spotify web player not working and that can happen due to various reasons. It’s no fun when technical glitches get in the way of your music streaming experience. We’ll explore a variety of quick and practical solutions to address the most common issues that might disrupt your Spotify Web Player usage. Whether you’re facing playback troubles, loading delays, or other challenges, we’ve compiled a set of remedies to help you enjoy uninterrupted music streaming once more.
Check Internet Connection
Often poor network results in not allowing the web page to open. Since Spotify’s web player works entirely on the internet, it’s necessary to have a speedy internet connection. Also, do make sure that the device is connected to a safe & secured Wi-Fi or cellular network.
For the Spotify web player to work, a well-updated browser is important. The required versions of the browser are already given above in the article. Before moving towards the steps to launch the web player it’s necessary to note that only the below-mentioned browsers support Spotify web player on the desktop.
- Google Chrome
Turn Off Ad-Blocker Extension
Sometimes, when ad blocker extensions are enabled for browsers they create hindrances for the Spotify web player. These Ad-Blockers plugins can be disabled following the steps that are common for all browsers.
- Step 1: Go to the upper right corner and tap on the Ad-Blocker extension and there choose Manage extension.
- Step 2: Disable the Ad-blocker by toggling the switch in the extension’s settings
- Step 3: Close and Relaunch the browser and check Spotify web player.
Connect Your Device To Web Play
Spotify has this feature that allows the user to stream music on other devices and control it from the browser. When Spotify web player is not working, go and check in the connect to your device option whether it is connected to the web player or not.
- Step 1: Start the Spotify web player in the browser
- Step 2: Go to the Connect To Device option in the bottom bar and tap on it.
- Step 3: Now, in the final step select Play in the browser option among all others.
These are a few fixes that would solve the problem in no time. And the user will be back to streaming music. However, depending on the browser used there are other fixes as well.
Spotify Web Player: Benefits & Disadvantages
The Spotify Web Player offers a multitude of benefits, streamlining the way you enjoy your music. It ensures easy accessibility across devices and syncs effortlessly with your Spotify account. Discover how this web-based music platform enhances your music listening experience with convenience and user-friendliness.
- The web player operates directly in your browser, eliminating the need for downloading or installing additional software. This convenience allows you to start listening without any setup.
- Your playlists, library, and preferences seamlessly transition between the web player, mobile app, and desktop app, ensuring a consistent experience across all your devices.
- Opting for the web player can be a privacy-conscious choice, as it doesn’t entail app installations, addressing concerns about data privacy and app permissions.
Well with all the pros of using Spotify web player in a browser, come the cons hand in hand. This web version has shortcomings, but these completely depend on the user’s preferences.
- Spotify web player is not available offline. Even premium users can’t listen to their downloaded or saved songs offline. This is one of the major drawbacks of the web version of Spotify.
- The sound quality of the web player is comparatively lower than the app version. Free account users are restricted to up to 128 kbps in the web player and up to 160kbps in the app. The premium account users are given 256kbps in the web player and around 320kbps in the app.
- The by-default media playback of the system does not support the web player.
We see that no platform is picture-perfect, all have their fair share of pros and cons. But with Spotify’s web player, Spotify has shown its commitment to user comfortability. It has come up with all the possible features which are there in the app version. Spotify is streaming as the most used music app right now in the whole world with 551 million active users. To get the most of all the benefits, it is advisable to get yourself the premium facility, then the ads in between songs won’t bother you anymore. Spotify web player presents advantages like the portability of streaming music even when it is not your system. Free subscribers, as well as paid subscribers, can easily use the Spotify web player in the browser and listen to music hassle free.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) How do I enable Spotify web player on Chrome?
Ans: Go to Chrome Settings →Tap on ‘Content’ →Select ‘Additional Content Settings’ → Finally enable ‘Protected Content Settings’ to enable playing Spotify web player on Chrome.
Q) Is Spotify web player free?
Ans: Spotify web player is free to open for everyone. If the user has a free account they need to log in and can listen to music for free, and if the user has a paid account they also just have to log in and they can use the account with the extra features.