Incognito mode, also known as private browsing mode, is a feature available on most modern web browsers and mobile devices, including iPhones. You can browse endlessly on your iPhone without leaving any traces behind. This means that any websites visited, searches made, or forms filled out will not be saved in the browsing history, cookies, or cache. This can be particularly useful for individuals who want to keep their online activity private, such as when using a shared device or when browsing sensitive content online.
Moreover, we would suggest all our users to use a strong VPN (Express VPN) while surfing in incognito mode so that your traffic is protected via a secure server. Now once you’re done using the incognito mode and want to turn off incognito mode on iPhone then take clues from this article to disable the incognito mode feature on your iPhone.
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Using Incognito Mode
Anonymous browsing has become the talk of the town for the past few years. Everyone wants to keep their browsing private from their known ones for safety reasons whether it’s a student or a working professional. However, this beneficial feature has certain demerits too associated with it. If you’re constantly using incognito mode on your iPhone then do get a thorough understanding of these aspects too.
|Deactivate the web browser extension and toolbars to smoothly in the incognito mode||Your online activity is always trackable by the IT department|
|Avoid web-tracking and get flight, bus & train tickets from travel companies at a lower price||The IP address of your iPhone/iPad is always visible until and unless your information is encrypted|
|Protect all your login credentials & personal details||Your ISP regularly monitors you. Network administrators or the website authorities you visit often|
|Hide your activity from other individuals who might use your iOS device||Your device is more prone to malware, data breach, and phishing attacks if you visit harmful websites online|
Why Should You Use Incognito Mode On iPhone?
Browsing through the incognito mode is beneficial only if it’s utilised for the right reasons. Here are some effective reasons which make the incognito mode better than normal browsing.
- Mask Search History: Your search engine history is always hidden when you’re accessing anything online via incognito mode
- Stay Away From Ads: You can avoid getting tracked or targeted by ads if you don’t sign into your personal accounts through the incognito mode
- Share Device Without Hesitation: If your iPhone is frequently used by your friends and family members then browsing through incognito mode will keep you under clean wraps. You need not worry about deleting your browsing history and can let other people browse on your device
- Refrain Saved Cookies: Your login credentials don’t get saved if you visit any website online hence by signing through multiple accounts for the same device you will see the difference in prices and might get a lower price too while purchasing anything online
Steps To Permanently Turn Off Incognito Mode On iPhone
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user & are looking out for simple techniques to turn off incognito mode then the below-mentioned content is the ultimate saviour for you. By following these methods you can easily disable the private browsing feature on your device.
- Step 1: At first, open the Settings tab of your iPhone
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Screen Time’ option just below the Do Not Disturb
- Step 3: On the next page, tap on the ‘Content & Privacy Restriction’ option & further click on Content Restrictions
- Step 4: Now, click on the Web Content & choose ‘Limit Adult Websites’ to disable the incognito mode on your iOS device
|Note: Opt for ‘Allowed Websites Only’ if you want to restrict young kids at your home from exploring adult websites.|
Follow These Steps To Turn Off Incognito Mode On Chrome & Safari
Switching from incognito mode to public browsing was quite a task in earlier days for iPhone users but with the below-mentioned instructions, one can easily disable the incognito mode on Google Chrome and Safari.
- Step 1: Open the Google Chrome browser on your iPhone & click on the three horizontal dots displayed at the upper right corner of the screen. A new menu will open up in front of you.
- Step 2: Click on Settings > Privacy Option
- Step 3: Search for ‘Incognito Mode’ and click on it.
- Step 4: To proceed further, change the settings of the incognito mode on the iPhone
- Step 5: Look for the ‘Disable Incognito Mode’ option and click on it to disable private browsing on Google Chrome
On Safari (Temporarily)
- Step 1: Search for the Safari application and open it on your iPhone
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Tabs’ option available at the lower section of the screen
- Step 3: Now, click on the ‘Private’ button to see the tab groups entire list
- Step 4: Choose the ‘x’ tabs above the Private button and click on the Done option. You’re now back from private browsing to normal browsing on iPhone
|Note: x refers to the number of tabs already opened on your iPhone browsing background|
Right Method To Turn On Incognito Mode On iPhone
In case normal browsing doesn’t suit you and you want to switch back to incognito mode then here’s a step-by-step instruction to enable the same.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Step 2: Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions
- Step 3: Click on the Web Content > Unrestricted Access to enable incognito mode
- Step 4: You have to now open Safari
- Step 5: Select the ‘Tabs’ button & click on Start Page to see the list of tab groups
- Step 6: Lastly, click on the Private option and then the done option. Once the incognito mode is turned on the Safari address bar will turn black or get into dark mode
Wondering How To See History In Incognito Mode & Delete It?
Browsing in incognito mode offers enhanced privacy but still, we would recommend deleting the history in the first place to avoid any awkward circumstances. Follow the steps mentioned below to see & remove the private browsing history on the iPhone.
- Step 1: First, open the iPhone settings & search for the Safari option
- Step 2: Click on Safari and move toward the downward direction of the screen
- Step 3: Tap on Advanced Settings > Website Data and now all your private browsing history is visible in front of you
For deleting the incognito mode browsing history, the first two steps are similar & the next steps are mentioned below:
- Step 3: Search for the Clearly History and Website Data from the Safari menu
- Step 4: Click on it. ‘Cancel’ and ‘Clear History and Data’ options will pop up on the screen
- Step 5: Choose ‘Clear History and Data’ and your entire private browsing history will be wiped off from your iPhone
How To Be Sure That You’re Not Using Incognito Mode?
An iPhone is a device full of multiple features which are sometimes unknown to new users. You might be thinking that you’re browsing privately but at times it’s not the case. To be 100% sure that you’re using the incognito mode and that it’s enabled on your device, go through the steps mentioned below & get confirmed about it.
- Step 1: Open the Safari app and click on the ‘Tabs’ button available at the lower right corner of the screen
- Step 2: Check if the ‘Private’ option is visible beside the open tabs. If it’s then you’re browsing in incognito mode on your iPhone or iPad
- Step 3: Click on the Done option & opt-out from the tabs section
How Safe Is Browsing In Incognito Mode On iPhone?
Going private doesn’t guarantee that your browsing activity is completely hidden from everyone. There are certain authentic networks like ISP and network administrators who can still track your online activities on iPhone irrespective of the iPhone model you’re using at that moment. Hence, you must always be aware of certain protocols and follow them strictly while browsing privately. Have a look at them below:
- Never browse illegal or adult websites through incognito mode on an iOS device connected to your school or workplace administration
- Sign in to your personal Gmail, WhatsApp, and Facebook accounts through incognito mode only and not via a normal browser to avoid data leakage
We hope that by now you must have clearly understood the assignment on how to turn off incognito mode on iPhone & next time you won’t face any problems while switching from private browsing to normal mode. Almost 6 million iPhones are shipped by Apple to India in 2023 & numbers are significantly going to increase next year which calls for the latest information on its features and usage. This article on enabling or disabling incognito mode in iPhone is useful content in that genre. Hope this is helpful for all our users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Who can see my incognito mode history in iPhone?
Ans: All the websites which you surf online, your network provider administrators, Internet Service Provider (ISP) & search engines can see your incognito browsing activity online even if you delete everything from your iPhone.
Q) Is my IP address hidden if I turn on incognito mode on my iPhone?
Ans: Your IP address is visible even if you use private browsing on an iPhone. Although, if you’re using a strongly encrypted VPN network then your IP address remains hidden & all your browsing activity is untraceable.