At times, when you binge-watch any favorite series, show, or movie on Amazon Prime video, you might face an error message that interrupts your streaming experience. Although such messages can’t be fixed at times & it can be frustrating. One such common problem on Amazon prime is Amazon error 9074. You can see this error usually on Roku devices. Unfortunately, you won’t be getting a clear reason for Amazon error 9074 on Amazon Prime. However, we have enlisted a few reasons in the upcoming sections of this article that can help you a lot to understand the error code 9074 along with the fixes to avoid such errors while streaming videos on Amazon Prime.
Reasons For ‘Amazon Error 9074’
- Downtime Of Services : Just like other streaming platforms such as Netflix, Disney plus Hotstar, etc. Amazon Prime video also faces an interruption in its services during its downtime. It might occur with the users of a specific area or with everyone all around the globe. If such a situation persists, no user can control it. The only fix for this issue is to wait calmly until Amazon itself fixes this error.
- Technical Problem: The server might face some technical glitches due to which the user faces error 9074. Such issues slow down the streaming services on Amazon Prime video. For this problem as well, the user has no control but to wait until Amazon itself resolves the issue.
- Internet Connection: If you do not have a proper internet connection, you can’t stream your favorite movie, series, or shows on Amazon Prime because your device won’t be getting the appropriate bandwidth that is required to stream videos on Amazon Prime. Also, many users observed that if they share their internet source with others, they might face Amazon error 9074 again and again. If you keep a proper internet connection that is not getting shared with other users, you can binge-watch anything on Amazon Prime with no errors.
- Channel issues: You might face problems with the channel configuration if you use Roku to stream videos on Amazon Prime and use a channel. The best and simple method to fix this problem is to reset the channel.
- Roku Error State: By using a Roku device to stream videos on Amazon Prime, it would be getting reflected in the Amazon account management. It’s a common issue that can be fixed if you unregister yourself from the Roku device & then use Amazon Prime video.
- Proxies & VPNs: You can’t binge-watch all TV shows or movies on Amazon Prime. There will be a few videos that are unavailable according to the region where you live. This is where you can use proxies and VPNs. If you use VPN, you might face issues such as Amazon error 9074.
Fixes To Resolve Amazon Error 9074
Method 1: Look Out For Technical Glitches
Firstly, you need to check if Amazon Prime is facing any technical glitches. If yes, then you can’t do anything to fix it. You just need to wait until Amazon fixes it.
If you are unaware that there’s a technical glitch from the Amazon side, you can check out any forum such as Reddit or Amazon. By this, you can find out if other users are facing the error equally or if it’s just you. Also, if all the other websites are properly working except Amazon prime, then there’s a technical glitch. Either the website is under maintenance or has some technical issues. You have to just wait until it gets fixed.
Method 2: Look For Proper Internet Connection To Roku Device
Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a good internet connection. To ensure this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Press the ‘Home button on your remote.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Main Menu’.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Settings’.
- Step 4: Choose the option of ‘Network’.
- Step 5: Now select the option of ‘Set up connection’.
- Step 6: According to the network that you have i.e. wireless or wired, the internet will be connected accordingly. If the connection is wired, it will be immediately connected. If it’s wireless, firstly you have to choose the network, and type the security key to use it.
Method 3: Good Internet Speed With Stability
To stream videos on Amazon Prime, you need to connect the device to a good internet connection that has a good speed and is stable. If you follow such conditions, you can stream anything with zero buffering experience. That’s why it’s important to make sure the speed of the internet is good. To check this out, perform the speed test and find out if the internet connection is giving a proper bandwidth for streaming purposes. Follow the instructions that we have mentioned below to reboot your router or modem.
- Step 1: Unplug the router or modem
- Step 2: Put off the device on which you were streaming Amazon prime.
- Step 3: Wait for a few seconds.
- Step 4: Switch on the modem/ router and your device.
- Step 5: Start the Amazon prime video.
Method 4: De-registration Of Roku Media player
- Step 1: Go to your Amazon Prime video account.
- Step 2: After logging in to your account, go to the option of ‘Manage Content and Devices.
- Step 3: Select the option of ‘Devices’ and check out the list of devices that are connected.
- Step 4: If you see a Roku device connected to it, select it and choose the ‘Action’ button.
- Step 5: Select the option of ‘Deregister’. Select it again for reconfirmation.
- Step 6: Open the Channel Amazon Prime on your Roku device and sign out.
- Step 7: Restart your Roku device, again repeat the registration process of the Roku device on your Amazon and add the channel to the Roku device again.
Method 5: Reset Channel Of Amazon Prime Video
- Step 1: Launch the channel of Amazon prime video and press the button of ‘*’ to open the options of the channel.
- Step 2: Select the option of ‘Remove channel’. A pop-up will be displayed. Click on it to reconfirm your choice.
- Step 3: Restart the Roku device.
- Step 4: Go to the channel store of Roku.
- Step 5: Choose the channel of Amazon Prime video to add it to the Roku device.
Method 6: Turn Off Proxy & VPNs Services
In the earlier section of this article, we have already discussed that turning on the VPN services can lead to Amazon error 9074. That’s why it’s important to turn it off. You just can’t see the videos that are available in your region.
The Amazon error 9074 is a common error that is usually faced if the user streams it on a Roku device. The solutions enlisted in the above sections can help you to fix this error. Also, we have discussed the reasons that lead to such issues. Try avoiding such reasons so that you don’t need to face Amazon error 9074 and can stream anything on Amazon prime with your friends and family.