We all know that Instagram has become a vital part of our lives in today’s generation. From posting pictures, and videos to sharing stories & chatting with dear ones it’s become one of the most used social media platforms. People are using this app in their spare time & post reels, and stories daily. This serves as a network of socialisation. Though the struggle arises when one wants to save reels, stories, or posts in the phone gallery itself.
Saving Instagram stories is quite simple due to its built-in feature but sometimes it gets downloaded without music. In such conditions, one needs to rely on different techniques using which stories can be saved along with the music. In this article, we’re explaining all the methods through which this task will get easier for you. Moreover, apart from stories you can also save Instagram reels in your gallery & can keep those reels in the drafts as well if you don’t wish to post them at the current moment. Now coming to the main context of this article,i.e, How To Save Instagram Story With Music let’s get started without any further ado.
How To Save Instagram Story With Music Before Posting On Instagram
If you’re someone who doesn’t prefer uploading a story on Instagram but still wants to save it then buddy we’re here to help you out. By using this simple method you can save Instagram stories on your phone and that too without posting them on Instagram. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform this task:
- Step1: Login into your Instagram account by entering your credentials
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Your Story’ option you see on the topmost left corner of the screen
- Step 3: Now click a picture, record a video, or add a photo/video from your phone
- Step 4: Proceed further to add stickers, giphy, filters & music to your Instagram story
- Step 5: Besides the filters option, you’ll see three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap on it and choose the Save option. The specific Instagram story would be saved on your device and now you can post it on other social networking platforms such as Whatsapp, Facebook, and Pinterest too.
|Note: If you save Instagram stories with this method then the music won’t be there in the video. It’s because Instagram violates saving stories with music due to copyright issues.
How To Save Instagram Story With Music After Posting On Instagram
In a short time, Instagram stories have become the talk of the town. Like there’s so much one can do but the saddest part is that it lasts only for 24 hours & vanishes after that. Although if you wish to keep the Instagram story alive as a memory you can add them to your highlights, archive, or can save it in your camera roll with or without the help of a third-party application. In the upcoming sections of this article, we’ll brief you on these 3 processes in a precise manner.
Add Your Story As A Post or Highlight
- Step 1: You have to open the Instagram app on your device
- Step 2: Open the Instagram Story which you uploaded from your profile
- Step 3: Tap on the Highlights option which is available to the left of three dots on the screen
- Step 4: On tapping, you’ll get the option of saving that story in your previous highlights. You can also make a new highlight if you wish to
- Step 5: Lastly, you have to add the Instagram story to the relevant highlights and it’s done
Archive Your Instagram Story
This can be done before 24 hours only because once the Instagram story disappears you won’t be able to archive it. Follow the steps mentioned below to save your Instagram story as an archive:
- Step 1: As usual, you have to open your Instagram account in the first place
- Step 2: Click on ‘Menu’ and choose the ‘Archive’ option from the list of available options displayed on the screen
- Step 3: Choose ‘Stories Archive’ and click on the three dots shown in the upper right corner of the screen
- Step 4: You’ll see two options,i.e, ‘Create Highlights’ & ‘Settings’ under the More Options
- Step 5: Select ‘Settings’ & toggle the ‘Save Story to Archive’ button toward the right direction
Voila! From now onwards all the stories which you upload will be saved in the Stories Archive. You can also share them as a memory after a year of uploading them. It’s a kind of reminder shown by the Instagram team to its users for cherishing their memories.
Take Help Of Third-party Application
Though abundant apps are available in the market for saving the story, StorySaver.net still is the trustworthy one. The maximum population almost uses it. Here’s how you can save your Instagram story using this app by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Open your Instagram account and copy the link of the story which you wish to save
- Step 2: Go to Google and type StorySaver.net
- Step 3: Paste the Instagram story in the box above the download option once it opens.
- Step 4: Tap on the Download option
- Step 5: All the Instagram stories of the relevant profile will be shown to you on the screen. Tap on the ‘Save Photo’ option beneath the story you wish to save & the file be downloaded instantly to your device
How To Save Instagram Story With Music On Through Screen Recorder
Gone are the days when you had to juggle so much with third-party applications to record a normal video or video call on your mobile device. All the smartphones which are manufactured lately have a ‘Screen Recording’ feature which is highly convenient for recording purposes if you wish to record something quickly at your fingertips. Below we have mentioned the step-by-step mentioned following which you can learn how to save Instagram story with music with the help of the screen recording feature. This method can be performed on both Android & iOS devices.
For Android Users
- Step 1: Tap on the Screen Recording option from the notifications panel of your device.
- Step 2: Open the Instagram app & then the story which you wish to download in your gallery
- Step 3: Click on the red dot displayed on the screen to initiate the recording procedure
- Step 4: Once you’re done with the recording tap on the ‘X’ mark to end the recording of the Instagram story
For iOS Users
- Step 1: Open the ‘Control Centre’ option by swiping up the bottom section of the screen
- Step 2: You will see a circle with a dot inside it, that’s the screen recording icon. Tap on it & wait for the countdown to start
- Step 3: Quickly open the Instagram story with the music which you wish to save in your gallery. Once the countdown ends, the recording gets started
- Step 4: After the recording gets completed you need to open the Control Centre again
- Step 5: Tap on the Screen Recording feature to stop the recording & save the file in your camera roll
How To Save Instagram Story With Music By Asking Someone Else
Sometimes it might be possible that the story you want to save might be uploaded by someone else. In such conditions, you can ask the person to send the story to you directly through the message option. All they have to do is tap on three dots available at the right bottom corner of the screen. Click on the ‘Send To’ option & select your name from the list of recipients displayed on your screen. You can now save this story in your phone gallery.
However, this method of how to save Instagram story with music is useful only if you’re close to the person on the other side or know them personally because everyone isn’t comfortable sending their Instagram story to someone they don’t know at all. By the way, don’t forget to ask the person if they have saved an Instagram story with music using any third-party app, screen recorder because if they haven’t then it’s of no use asking them to share the story with you.
If you’re someone who is constantly struggling with the thought of “How To Save Instagram Story With Music” then this article is a saviour for you. We have mentioned all the methods through which you can easily save Instagram stories on your device. Not to forget, check your gallery after saving the story as the ticket of confirmation. Also, do let us know which method worked out for you & would you suggest it to your friends or known ones if they’re looking out for such quick hacks. In case you know about any other methods too, you can drop about them in our comments section and we’ll surely implement them once verified by our team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Why can’t I post on my Instagram story with music?
Ans: There can be infinite reasons why you might be finding it tough to post stories on Instagram. If you’re a regular Instagram user make sure to ‘Clear Cache’ of your device because that’s the supreme reason which leads to this issue. Other reasons can be an unstable internet connection, technical glitch or the app might not be updated with the latest version.
Q) Where can I find the Save audio option on the Instagram app?
Ans: This feature is available at the topmost right section of Instagram. Open the Instagram app & head towards the stories section, now click a picture or record a video for posting on your Instagram story. Add a piece of good music, giphy, or any sticker as per your choice & tap on the three dots available on the right to the filter section. On tapping two options will be displayed on the screen,i.e, Draw & Save, now click on the Save option to save the story.