In terms of transparency, we can give full marks to Snapchat because it honestly tells you who screenshotted your chats and snaps, who checked out your story recently, etc. But if you are looking out for your friend to know whether he’s active or not because you want to share something with him/her on an urgent basis, you can find out this too.
Do you have an option of checking their active status? Can you find out their timings of using Snapchat? Are they busy with something or free? This is what we will be discussing in the upcoming sections of this article. The question ‘How to see if someone is active on Snapchat?’ has been answered perfectly over here. Without wasting a single second of our readers, here we start with our tips and tricks.
Methods for ‘How To See If Someone Is Active On Snapchat
This feature of Snapchat tells you about your friend’s location. If your friend has already set some privacy configurations, then it might be difficult for you to check out his/her location on the Snap Map.
If your friend has not selected the ghost mode, it will become easier for you to find out the time when that person used the Snapchat for the last time. Unless you haven’t turned on the ghost mode, Snap Map will be updating your location regularly.
To find out whether your friend is online or not using Snap Map, follow the instructions described below:
- Step 1: Look out for your friend on Snap Map.
- Step 2: Choose the Bitmoji of your friend from Snap Map.
- Step 3: You can see a gray color status bar under their name.
- Step 4: You will see a few messages that say ‘Seen Now’, ‘Last seen’ or ‘Seen XXm ago’.
When you are chatting with someone on Snapchat, you can find out when he/she opens up the chat. Nevertheless, you have to keep your eyes on the chat, the moment your friend appears to do so. For this, follow the underlying steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Go to the app and open the chat section by swiping right.
- Step 2: Open the conversation that is going on with your friend by clicking on his name and selecting the option of ‘Open Chat’.
- Step 3: If your friend is active and he has opened up your conversation, you’ll see a small Bitmoji of your friend on the lower left side of the chat. If they leave the chat, the Bitmoji disappears.
Snap Score indicates the total number of snaps a person has sent and received. It includes both, the public as well as private snaps. If you are observing an increase in the Snap scores of your friend, that means he/she has recently sent a snap. Snap scores are updated within a few minutes. Therefore, wait for a few minutes and then check for any changes in the snap score.
- Step 1: Open the ‘Friends Tab’ after opening the app.
- Step 2: Press and hold on to the name of your friend that you wish to look out for. A pop-up box is displayed on the screen of your phone.
- Step 3: A number is displayed at the bottom of the pop-up box. This number indicates the snap score. You can either write it down or remember it.
- Step 4: After 10 to 15 minutes, repeat steps 1 to 3.
- Step 5: If you observe a rise in the score, that indicates your friend is online.
If you send any snap to your friend and he/she opens it up, you can find out the time when he checked out your sent snap. You can find out your friend’s online status by this parameter too. The timestamp is relevant only for 24 hours. After a day, you can only see the time and the date of his last scene. This parameter will work only if the receiver has seen your snap.
- Step 1: Go to Snapchat.
- Step 2: Visit the conversation screen by swiping right.
- Step 3: Look out for their conversation.
- Step 4: If your friend has seen your snap or message, you will see an empty square or maybe an arrow with a notification opened along with the date when he saw your message or snap.
- Step 5: If you are observing their timestamp for a few seconds or minutes then it’s obvious that your friend is online.
Send a Snap
You can send a snap to find out whether your friend is online or not. You can check out the timings of his last scene that indirectly indicate the time when he/she was online.
- Step 1: Go to the Snapchat app.
- Step 2: Swipe right to go to the Snapchat friends screen.
- Step 3: You can see all the recent contacts in the friend’s section.
- Step 4: Search for the user that you want to check.
- Step 5: Swipe right from your friend’s name to open the chatbox.
- Step 6: Type any message and press the send button.
- Step 7: Stay in the chat window for a few minutes.
- Step 8: Check whether you can see a Bitmoji of your friend on the lower left side of the chat window. If yes, that means your friend is currently reading your message.
- Step 9: The smiley emoji that is present next to your friend’s name is converted into a blue dot that means your friend is online.
The transparency quality of Snapchat helps you to find out ‘How to see if someone is active on Snapchat?’ by using numerous parameters that we have discussed in the above-mentioned sections of this article. You can imply any of these methods and check whether your friend is online or not on Snapchat. Follow us for more tech hacks.