The launch of the ‘Instagram Highlights’ feature beamed up Instagram users because through this feature they can now showcase their Instagram stories as highlighs forever on their profile until it’s deleted permanently. The highlights remain on your profile just like posts and reels, unlike stories which are removed after 24 hours. The core benefit of this feature is that if someone has missed seeing your story then they can go to your profile and check your highlights to know about your life updates. Instagram business accounts use this feature for showcasing their products, testimonials, common FAQs, bestsellers etc. This boosts their profile engagement and leads to profitable conversion too. For brands it’s become an important roadmap to entertain and engage their audience by implementing effective digital marketing strategies.
Although, there are versatile benefits of highlights but there is one major con which hits the users. You must be wondering what’s that? Well, if you don’t know you can’t count how many times a person has viewed your highlights. This data is never disclosed by Instagram nor is there any tool launched by them. The only data which you can access is the total number of views and username of the person who viewed your highlights. In the upcoming sections of this article we’re going to brief about the same. Apart from that we’ll also be discussing some third-party web applications using which you can see view someone’s highlights anonymously. However, we advise you to check the legitimacy of these applications before using them.
How To Create Instagram Highlight From Story?
In order to check your Instagram highlights viewer you need to create a highlight first and then only you can see who has viewed them. The process is easy-to-follow and the best part is you can customise your highlights cover and name according to your preferences. Follow the below-mentioned steps to create an Instagram highlight seamlessly.
- Step 1: Tap on the Instagram icon on your device
- Step 2: Login into your Instagram account
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘+’ icon and click on ‘Story’ to upload an image or video
|Note: You can add music, giphy in your stories to make it look more attractive|
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Your Story’ option to upload the story. Here you have the option to showcase the story to all your friends or you can create a close friends list and make the story visible only to them
- Step 5: Click on Highlight and then tap on ‘+’ icon for creating a new highlight
- Step 6: Name your highlight and tap on the ‘Add’ option. Your story is now successfully added as highlight
Instagram Highlights Details
- You can create highlights both from active & archived stories by following the similar procedure
- You can change your highlights cover and it’s name anytime you want
- You can download highlights just like stories
- You can delete your highlights and after that it won’t be visible in your stories
Methods To See Your Instagram Highlights Viewer
We have already stated above that unrevealing about this fact that how many times a person has viewed your highlights is not possible and you can only find out total viewers count along with their username. With this you’ll atleast know if someone has recently viewed your highlight. Also, if a person’s name is displayed at the top then it means that they have recently viewed your highlight. This applies to the stories too. It’s also said that if a person’s username is displayed at the top then that person is visiting your profile regularly.
If you know that person then it’s fine but if you don’t know then you can block them and make your Instagram private as well. Now to see who your Instagram highlights viewer here’s the step-by-step guide you need to follow for Instagram app.
- Step 1: Go to Instagram app to open your profile
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Profile Icon’ visible at the lower right corner of the screen
- Step 3: Tap on one highlight and then scroll up the ‘Seen by’ option to see who has recently viewed your highlights
If you’re trying to check your Instagram highlights viewer on your PC or laptop through Instagram’s official website then the method for the same is mentioned below. Remember to check for highlights activity within 48 hours because this data will be unavailable after this timeline.
- Step 1: On a web browser, visit Instagram website
- Step 2: Fill in your username and password to login into your account
- Step 3: Tap on your ‘Profile Icon’ displayed at the top left corner of the screen
- Step 4: Tap on any one highlight displayed under the ‘Edit Profile’ option
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Seen by’ option to see the latest activity of your Instagram highlights. The total number of views along with individuals username will appear on the screen
Alternative Method To Check Instagram Highlights Viewer
Instagram highlights activity details lasts only for 48 hours and are not available once this period exceeds. Sadly, these details would no longer be accessible by you. But still there is one option using which you can get highlight viewer details in analytical form. For this, you have to boost your Instagram active story and then add it to highlights. By this your story will reach a wider audience and your viewers count will increase. You’ll see an increase in viewers count once you promote the story. Adding promoted stories to highlights is quite beneficial as someone who’s unable to view your stories due to technical glitches can view it directly from highlights because sometimes stories don’t open up for users.
Applications To View Instagram Highlights Anonymously
There are no apps to find out how many times someone is opening your highlights but there are applications using which you can secretly see other people’s highlight and they won’t even know about it. In addition, you can also check Instagram profiles privately without verifying your account. But it’s advised to check the authenticity of such third-party applications because at times they steal data from users devices and introduce viruses too.
- Story-insta.com- Insta Highlights Viewer: No installation or registration is required to use this application and your identity remains completely anonymous. You can easily view anyone’s highlighs in full resolution and can download it too.
- InstaSuperSave: This application works for both smartphones and desktop. Your identity remains private while using this application and you can also download & save the highlights without any hassle.
- Mollygram: Another third-party application where you can watch and download Instagram highlights without letting the user know your identity.
- Instagram Highlights viewer and downloader: You can watch, download and save highlights, stories, posts, reels, profile picture, videos etc through this application free of cost.
By now you know that the Instagram highlights statistics are not permanent and are deleted after 48 hours. Henceforth, after this period you cannot see your Instagram highlights viewer username nor the number of people who viewed it. However, there are some analytical tools like Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc using which you can get a detailed statistical report about how many users are seeing your highlights. Again here you won’t get the details about how many times a person has viewed your Instagram highlights and it’s just a statistical report with viewers count, engagement data and other essential marketing parameters that’s it. With this it’s a wrap and if you have any more queries about this topic or are aware of any tips to find out how many times someone is checking your Instagram highlights then do let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) How many stories can I add in one Instagram highlights?
Ans: You can only add up to 100 stories in one highlight. Once you reach this limit then you cannot add more stories to that highlight and need to create a new highlight.
Q) Is it possible to share my Instagram highlights?
Ans: Instagram users can share highlights links with their known ones. The process is the same as sharing posts and stories. Also, it’s mandatory that the person you’re sharing the link with is also an Instagram user and then only they can view your highlight via that link.