iPhones are the best smartphones available with features that are not available in any other android mobile phone. Whether it’s the security of the data or camera quality nothing can match an iPhone. With time Apple keeps bringing updates for these iPhones to match the needs of the present generation. iPhones are the first choice of young professionals as it offers so many versatile features in one go. One more striking characteristic iPhone has brought for its users is the creation of personalized app icons on the iPhone.
Have you ever thought about how you could personalize your app’s icons? Imagine what if you could select how your app icon will look and you can select the name of your app icon. For instance, you can name your app ‘gallery’ as ‘photobook’ and select a picture for this app icon according to your style! The question is whether it’s possible or not? Well, the answer is a big ‘Yes’. The iPhone gives you the space to customize your app icons according to your choice. Below is the stepwise description to transform app icons on iPhone. Go ahead & read how to change app icons on iPhone.
Steps To Change App Icons On iPhone
- Step 1: If you have an updated version of your iPhone then you will have the preinstalled shortcuts app. Click on the shortcuts app.
- Step 2: Click on this plus icon (+) present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Add Action’ option displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: Lookout for the ‘Opens App’ option within the menu which appears on the screen.
- Step 5: Choose ‘Opens App’ when it’s displayed under ‘Actions’. You will get a page where all apps are displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Choose the app that you want to customize and click on next. Type the shortcut name for the new icon.
- Step 7: Select the 3 dots displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 8: Select the option ‘add to the home screen.
- Step 9: Choose the photo for your app icon. Make sure you have the picture in your gallery that you want to select for your app. This photo will be the new icon of your app.
- Step 10: Click on ‘Add’ and it’s done now you have a new icon on your iPhone.
Now your icon will appear on the home screen with the original app icon. You can remove the original icon from your home screen by following the steps mentioned below with ease.
- Step 1: Long-press the original app icon.
- Step 2: Select ‘Remove App’ and then ‘Remove from the Home Screen’. This will remove the original icon from your home screen.
This is how you can select how your app icons will look on your iPhone. This is a must-try feature on the iPhone where you can decide and execute how the app icons will look as per your choice. The above process could be followed if you have a shortcuts app. If you cannot see shortcut apps on your iPhone then you need to find them. For this keep swiping left until you are at the app library and type a shortcut in the app search bar. From this, you will get the shortcuts app.
iPhone has provided a great feature for those users who want their iPhone to be highly customized and personalized according to their personality. If you are an animator then you can make anime icons for your apps and set the app icon according to what you draw, if you are a dark academia lover you can choose dark academia pictures for your apps and change the app icon. This feature can be accessed through the shortcuts app. One can follow the steps mentioned above to create new icons on their iPhone with ease.