Online meetings have become an important part of the corporate and educational sectors. This mode of communication has changed everyone’s perception about Work From Home too & individuals have started to rely more on online video conferencing apps such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet for connecting with their co-workers, students, friends, family, followers, etc. However, Zoom is more popular as it provides modern and advanced features to users. Have a look at some of the most prominent features offered by Zoom.
- Blur Background Effect: You can easily change your entire background or blur it if you’re sitting in an inappropriate space and don’t want the host or participants to know about it
- Change or Remove Zoom Profile Picture: It’s similar to removing your Instagram profile picture. With the help of this feature, you can easily remove your Zoom profile picture & upload a new one
- Amazing Zoom Filters: You can use filters to look good & presentable in the official Zoom meetings with your workspace team
- Creating & Sending Meeting Links: To ensure that everyone is aware of the meeting details and joins it on time, you can make a specific meeting link and share it with all the participants
Apart from these, the’ Raise Hand’ tool is another feature that is highly popular amongst the Zoom users. Using the raise hand feature, one can ask their doubts to the speaker without interrupting them. This feature is quite popular, but some people still are unaware of it; hence in this article we’ll be briefing about the same in a detailed manner. Whatever device it’s, you can easily learn how to raise your hand in zoom if you follow these steps correctly.
Know How To Raise Hand In Zoom Through Android Or iOS Device
- Step 1: If you’re in a Zoom meeting, then you have to tap on the ‘More’ option with three horizontal dots displayed at the right bottom corner of the mobile screen
- Step 2: Next, tap on the ‘Raise Hand’ option from the list of 6 pop-ups shown on the screen. After this action, your hand icon will turn in blue & the speaker will be instantly notified that you’ve raised a hand and will allow you to speak
- Step 3: ( Alternative ): Once you’re done, you can lower your hand by tapping again on three dots and clicking on the ‘Lower Hand’ option, which is available in replacement of the ‘Raise Hand’ in the Menu
|Note: Raise hand in Zoom feature works differently on mobile devices or tablets because the user interface of the Zoom mobile application varies from the desktop application. In addition, the supported Zoom client version for iOS is (version 3.5.31169.1102 or higher) & for Android (version 3.5.24588.0824 or higher), so make sure you have access to the recent one.|
Also Read: Zoom Limitations In Free Plan
4 Simple Steps To Raise Hand In Zoom Via Windows, Mac, Or Linux
Even though the internal systematic components of all these gadgets vary from each other, the features of the Zoom app are the same. You can easily raise your hand in Zoom through a desktop or laptop and indulge in a discussion to keep your point ahead in front of the host & other people. For this, you have to open the Zoom desktop client & then go ahead to attend a meeting where you can raise your hand by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: From the ‘Reactions’ tap on the ‘Participants’ labeled icon, which is visible in the central bottom screen space of the Zoom application. A new window will pop up on your screen once you’re followed this step
- Step 2: You have to now tap on the ‘Raise Hand’ icon, which is available in the Windows button middle of the Chat and Q&A icons
- Step 3: You have now raised your hand successfully in the meeting. The speaker will also be informed about it & would ask you to unmute yourself and speak
If you want to avoid these elaborated instructions on how to raise hand in zoom and are looking for a shortcut roadmap, we’ve got that for you as well.
- Windows Users: Altogether press ‘Alt+Y’ keypads to raise or lower your hand during the meeting on the Zoom application
- Mac Users: If you’re a Mac user, then press the ‘Option+Y’ keyboard shortcut for raising or lowering your hand in Zoom meetings
|Supported System||OS Version||Zoom Client Version|
|Windows||7,8,8.1 & 10||version 3.5.24604.0824 or more than it|
|MacOS||10.9 or above||version 3.5.24604.0824 or more than it|
|Linux (Ubuntu)||12.04 or more||version 1.1.44485.0317 or more than it|
Also Read: Zoom Tops App Downloaded Worldwide For April- TikTok 2nd, Aarogya Setu 7th
Step-by-Step Guide On How To Raise Hand In Zoom Through Browser
Sometimes, the download Zoom application doesn’t function properly due to a system error. That’s when users prefer to join the meeting through the browser, whether Chrome, Internet Explorer, or any other. To join the meeting via browser, you’ve to open the relevant browser and visit join.zoom.us
- Step 1: Tap on the ‘Reactions’ icon which resembles a smiley emoji. It’s present in the webinar toolbar area at the bottom space of the screen just right to the Settings option
- Step 2: From the list of pop-ups, tap on the ‘Raise Hand’ option after which the host will receive a notification that you’ve raised your hand in the meeting. If the speaker allows you to speak, then you’ve to unmute yourself first and then speak
- Step 3: On completing, you’ve to tap on the ‘Reactions’ icon again & click on the ‘Lower Hand’ option to lower the raised hand symbol in the meeting
This beneficial feature is available only on selective browsers, so make sure you’re using the right one. Have a look below to know which type of browsers you need to have to access this helpful feature.
|Windows||Google Chrome (ver.53+), Chromium Edge (ver.80+), Firefox (ver.76+) & Internet Explorer (ver. 10+)|
|Mac OS||Safari ((ver. 10+), Google Chrome (ver. 53+) & Firefox (ver. 76+)|
|Linux||Google Chrome ((ver. 53+) & Firefox (ver. 76+)|
Also Read: What Does Mirror My Video Mean In Zoom: Zoom Mirroring Effect
Learn How To Raise Hand In Zoom Through Dial-In Calls
At times, Zoom users prefer to join the meetings through the dial-in feature where all one has to do is call on the given number & enter the meeting ID, followed by the #, their participant ID, followed by #, passcode, again followed by # & then tap on the Back button after dialing for the particular meeting. It’s a fast technique to join the meeting, but it prohibits the users from raising their hands during the meetings, which sometimes gets irritating for the participants who want to keep their point forward in the meeting amongst the other people. To get rid of this problem, follow the steps mentioned below & raise your hand during the Zoom meetings effortlessly.
- Step 1: Open the number dial pad of your smartphone (Android or iOS) & then enter *9 to facilitate this feature from your side
- Step 2: Once you’re done asking your doubt or saying your valid point that correlates with the meeting topic, you’ve to enter *9 again to lower your hand & seeing it might confuse the speaker after sometime
Since 2019, Zoom has faced a significant rise in its usage, revenue & downloads across the globe. Raising your hand in Zoom is also an important skill to master if you want to participate effectively in online meetings, classes, and webinars. Using this feature, you can signal to the host or speaker that you have something to say without interrupting the flow of conversation. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced Zoom user, familiarizing yourself with the ‘Raise Hand’ tool is always a good idea and learning how to use it effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Are hosts & co-hosts allowed to raise their hand during Zoom meetings?
Ans: Everyone, including the hosts, co-hosts, attendees & panelists, can utilize this raise hand feature in Zoom for speaking & being a part of the discussion.
Q) Can I raise my hand more than one time on Zoom?
Ans: You can raise your hands as many times as you want, but this would be slightly disturbing for the other people attending the particular meeting, webinar, or conference so try to clarify all your doubts or speak one or two times only.
Q) What should I do if I cannot see the Raise Hand option?
Ans: This problem occurs if you’ve not downloaded the recent version of the Zoom app on your device. Hence, we advise you to use the updated version from the Google Play Store, App Store, or the Updated Zoom Extension on your Desktop.
Q) How to authorise the Zoom mobile app for gesture recognition on iOS devices?
Ans: Click on the ‘More’ icon with three horizontal dots & then tap on the ‘Meetings Settings’ option. In the Gestures section, you’ll see the slider beside the ‘Raise Hand’ or ‘Thumbs Up’ option. Toggle the slider for permitting gesture recognition in the meeting.